Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Problem with Eachine TX5258 5.8G 72CH 25/200/500/800mW Switchable FPV Transmitter

zrinjaa

Reaction score
Hi guys i am building FPV drone but i got to a problem.. i soldered everything together, connected battery and then you can hear some normal beeping when battery is connected but i hear some whistling from my vtx too and i cant get any picture on my fpv goggles..

My equipment:
Frame: HSKRC TWE210 210mm Wheelbase 4mm Arm 3K Carbon Fiber X Type FPV Racing Frame
Motors: 4X Racerstar Racing Edition 2205 BR2205 2300KV 2-4S Brushless Motors
VTX: Eachine TX5258 5.8G 72CH 25/200/500/800mW Switchable FPV Transmitter
Flight controller: 9g 30.5x30.5mm Omnibus F4 Flight Controller AIO OSD 5V BEC Current Sensor
ESC: 4X HAKRC BLHeli_32 Bit 35A 2-5S ESC Built-in LED Support Dshot1200 Multishot
goggles: Eachine EV800 5 Inches 800x480 FPV Goggles 5.8G 40CH Raceband
Transmitter: FlySky FS-i6 i6 2.4G 6CH AFHDS RC Radio Transmitter
Battery:Turnigy Nano-Tech Plus 1300mAh 4S 70C Lipo Pack W/XT60 I MultiStar Racer Series 1400mAh 3S 65C Lipo Pack For FPV Minis (Gold Spec)
Charger: Turnigy Accucel-6 80w 10A

anyone knows what i sould do because i want to fly so bad :/

Of course not, i am newbie in this hoby so i actually don't know anything about setting up drone for flying :)
First i tried to present my problem on croatian forum but nobody asked me anything for more than 2 weeks.
Well i tried to set my vtx on different bands and channels and i did same on my fpv goggles and still nothing..
So when i connect my 3s battery vtx doesnt even show what channel is on and on 3s i hear more whistling unlike on 4s..
4s battery is practically same as 3s but whistling noise in vtx is lower and i can see on what channel and band is vtx set on.

Of course not, i am newbie in this hoby so i actually don't know anything about setting up drone for flying :)
First i tried to present my problem on croatian forum but nobody asked me anything for more than 2 weeks.
Well i tried to set my vtx on different bands and channels and i did same on my fpv goggles and still nothing..
So when i connect my 3s battery vtx doesnt even show what channel is on and on 3s i hear more whistling unlike on 4s..
4s battery is practically same as 3s but whistling noise in vtx is lower and i can see on what channel and band is vtx set on.
So I'm no expert, I've only built a few, but since I'm the person you've got, I'll try to help...

Well i tried to set my vtx on different bands and channels and i did same on my fpv goggles and still nothing.
There is a button on the far right hand side that says search. that should cycle through the channels and only stops on channels that are being used. (though some of those will be black or dead)
Make sure you've scrolled through ALL of the bands : A, B, C, D, and R

Sounds to me like a bad solder though. A "cold solder" can put some power through, but not enough to power the device properly. If you scan all the bands and channels and you still can't find it, I would start by re-soldering the VTX, and see if it still makes that sound. My VTX's buz ever so slightly, but they don't "whistle" as you say.

Reactions: HighTechPauper
So yesterday i tried to resolder everything with my friend and problem is still there, on one point i got some very bad picture with a lot of lines alll over my goggles.
I forgot to mention what camera i have, i got: FPV CCD Camera Mini 700TVL Camera CMOS 2.8 mm For QAV250 RC Quadcopter Aircraft i got it from ebay for something around 6$, soo is it possible that problem is occuring because i got shitty camera ?

So yesterday i tried to resolder everything with my friend and problem is still there, on one point i got some very bad picture with a lot of lines alll over my goggles.
I forgot to mention what camera i have, i got: FPV CCD Camera Mini 700TVL Camera CMOS 2.8 mm For QAV250 RC Quadcopter Aircraft i got it from ebay for something around 6$, soo is it possible that problem is occuring because i got shitty camera ?

It could be a bad camera, it could be noise from your electrical system (assuming you don't have a capacitor on there) or it could still be the wrong channel / goggle interference.

You say "at one point" do you remember exactly what you were doing when you got some picture?

Reactions: HighTechPauper
Where capacitor needs to be? And what kind?
I did some research and i find out that my output on FC is only 5v and my VTX needs 7-24v of power so i connected vtx plus and minus directly to battery terminals on FC and i got this bad signal on my goggles.20181210_211933.jpg

This is what i got when vtx was connected to 5v out from FC, and i dont know why it doesnt show battery voltage or some other parameters.
20181210_201810.jpg

Attachments

• 20181210_211933.jpg
    20181210_211933.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 2
You may not get battery voltage on the OSD unless the FC can sense battery somehow, you may need to find the VBAT pad on the FC and connect it to the battery. You are getting a picture since you can see the OSD, so you know that the FC to the vTX is good, but the camera to the FC is not, I suggest you focus on the camera wiring to the FC as it is likely the issue.

Scanning for the Band/Channel is never a good thing for setting up, the goggles can lock onto something close, but not be correct, then when you go to fly you will lose video very quickly simply because you are not on the exact correct frequency. Set both the vTX and the goggles to the same specific frequency and you have your best chance of getting a good picture.

It is not unusual to hear a "whistle" or buzzing sound from your electronics, everything electric/electronic usually does hum a bit, BUT, if it is very loud it points to something wrong, please try to be be careful.

@rtkDarling, I don't have a lot of time right now to keep up with the forum, but if you think I can help just PM me.

Reactions: rtkDarling

@zrinjaa , were you able to fix this issue? i am kind of having a similar issue, the video is having lot of bands and static, its not at all clear? can you please help me out?​

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax