Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Problem binding Tinyhawk with QX7...need help please

IT WORKS! I did what that video said and it still didn't work, then I figured out that it was mapped wrong - I changed it from the default AETR1234 to TAER1234 and everything works.

Thank you SO much guys!

I am new to FPV and new to the group. I am in the exact situation as eazy123 was. Bought the tinyhawk rtf, got qx7 for sim and to bind to tinyhawk. Unlike eazy123 though I have yet to succeed in even binding the drone. I have followed emax inst., tou tube vids, and read through and tried everything I saw I this thread to no avail. Could there be something I am missing? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Reactions: rtkDarling
I am new to FPV and new to the group. I am in the exact situation as eazy123 was. Bought the tinyhawk rtf, got qx7 for sim and to bind to tinyhawk. Unlike eazy123 though I have yet to succeed in even binding the drone. I have followed emax inst., tou tube vids, and read through and tried everything I saw I this thread to no avail. Could there be something I am missing? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
In the beginning, it is likely that you are missing a lot, in the beginning, we don't know what we don't know. So lets start off with what exactly are you doing to bind the drone. The first step is to bind the TX to the RX, so exactly what are you doing, and what are the LED indications on the quad.

Reactions: rtkDarling
In the beginning, it is likely that you are missing a lot, in the beginning, we don't know what we don't know. So lets start off with what exactly are you doing to bind the drone. The first step is to bind the TX to the RX, so exactly what are you doing, and what are the LED indications on the quad.
Qx7 set to d8, in bind mode.
Hold bind button under camera in quad and power on.
Some times solid blue, blinking red, sometimes blue and red both blink.
Press bind again on qx7 to stop bind mode and lights stay the same and never binds.

Thankyou for the response

Press bind again on qx7 to stop bind mode
Then you have to unplug the quad to finish the binding process.

Hold bind button and power on quad.
-> Unplug quad

Once you plug it back in like normal it should show it's bound

A few tips.

Plug the quad in like normal and observe the lights, make sure they're different when you plug in holding the bind button. (There's a VTX button too, so make sure you have the right one.) Once it's bound, the quad lights will subtly change colors as you turn the controller on and off (I think one little red light turns green but it's been a while since I flew my Tinyhawk)

If turning the controller on and off changes the lights on the quad, you could be bound but not receiving inputs, and that's a different problem to address

Reactions: HighTechPauper
Then you have to unplug the quad to finish the binding process.

Hold bind button and power on quad.
-> Unplug quad

Once you plug it back in like normal it should show it's bound

A few tips.

Plug the quad in like normal and observe the lights, make sure they're different when you plug in holding the bind button. (There's a VTX button too, so make sure you have the right one.) Once it's bound, the quad lights will subtly change colors as you turn the controller on and off (I think one little red light turns green but it's been a while since I flew my Tinyhawk)

If turning the controller on and off changes the lights on the quad, you could be bound but not receiving inputs, and that's a different problem to address
Thankyou for your input, I turned on qx7 and powered up tinyhawk and on quad red and blue lights blink. Turned off qx7 and still red and blue blink.
Then placed qx7 into bind mode.
Pressed bind button on quad and connected power. Now blue light steady, red light blinking. Pressed button on qx7 to stop bind and lights on quad remained same. Unplugged quad and restarted and blue and red only blinking again. Tested throttle, no light change. Turned off qx7 no light change. Never seen a green light during any of this.

Ok @Dmann13830, lets try this, I don't have the S but have the original and a 2 (II), after re-reading the doc maybe we are doing this wrong.

Power up the quad (red LED should be solid?), then press and hold the bind button for a few seconds (red LED should now be flashing?), set TX to Bind (blue LED should now start flashing?) TX out of bind.

Alternate method, plug quad into Betaflight Configurator and go to CLI tab. If you haven't done it yet, do a "dump" and save to a file using the button in the bottom right of the window, this is info you will want to preserve about how the quad comes setup from the factory.

At the CLI prompt do a "bind_rx_spi" command, and then set TX to Bind mode. Then just disconnect quad from USB and take TX out of Bind mode and repower quad.

Let us know if this works or not, and if you need help with anything else, we all started exactly where you are and are very happy to help get another person going since that's how we got started.

Oh, one other thought...
We never asked if you are in North America, could it be possible you have an LBT version of TX instead of and FCC version?
If so you would need to reflash the FC with the proper target.
Ok, let us know what you think and what happens.

Oh, one other thought...
We never asked if you are in North America, could it be possible you have an LBT version of TX instead of and FCC version?
If so you would need to reflash the FC with the proper target.
Ok, let us know what you think and what happens.
Thank you for all the help, I would really like to get this thing going. I am in US but bought emax rtf bundle second hand off eBay. Works fine with original controller. Wondering if I should just reflash regardless or is there a way to see what firmware it has.

I am looking on the new BF configurator and it looks like they don't have an LBT version, so I think you are ok there. It is remotely possible that the firmware is hosed somehow, but that would be the last option. So what do the LEDs do when you power through USB and then hold the Bind button for at least 2 seconds? Since the quad is already bound to the stock RTF controller, the LED's will be solid until you hold the bind button AFTER plugging in the USB or issuing the bind_rx_spi command.

You can find out what it has on it by plugging into BFC (Betaflight Configurator) and going to the CLI tab and issuing a "dump". then scroll to the top and it will say what FC and what it is running. Example from my TH2 below.

1579202192869.png

1579202276658.png

Ok @Dmann13830, lets try this, I don't have the S but have the original and a 2 (II), after re-reading the doc maybe we are doing this wrong.

Power up the quad (red LED should be solid?), then press and hold the bind button for a few seconds (red LED should now be flashing?), set TX to Bind (blue LED should now start flashing?) TX out of bind.

Alternate method, plug quad into Betaflight Configurator and go to CLI tab. If you haven't done it yet, do a "dump" and save to a file using the button in the bottom right of the window, this is info you will want to preserve about how the quad comes setup from the factory.

At the CLI prompt do a "bind_rx_spi" command, and then set TX to Bind mode. Then just disconnect quad from USB and take TX out of Bind mode and repower quad.

Let us know if this works or not, and if you need help with anything else, we all started exactly where you are and are very happy to help get another person going since that's how we got started.
The quad only starts up solid red in sbus mode, I have tried that too but I will try these again. Right now it's set to frsky d I believe it's called.

The quad only starts up solid red in sbus mode, I have tried that too but I will try these again. Right now it's set to frsky d I believe it's called.
Yes it should be set for serial rx in config and set to d instead of x for D8 mode, but you should be able to force a new bind from the button or the cli command. Seems like you are having trouble setting it to bind mode on the quad itself for some reason, everything sounds right except no getting to flashing light on quad.

Let me clarify, tx in d8 channel 1-8 telemetry on, in the BF config is SPI mode I think instead of SBus. It has a built in SPI rx so SBus is the wrong choice. If you have the wrong thing there, or if you have a Port in port tab set for serial RX it won’t work for sure. PM me if you don’t get anywhere. And don’t worry about what the leds are doing until you know those other things are right. At that point how the leds are acting will sort itself out.

Since @rtkDarling had tried to help also, I thought I would let you guys know what happened with @Dmann13830. After going through everything with him soup to nuts, we determined that the QX7 was not actually working properly. In the end he re-flashed the QX7 Internal XJT module and it is now bound. Yay!

Since @rtkDarling had tried to help also, I thought I would let you guys know what happened with @Dmann13830. After going through everything with him soup to nuts, we determined that the QX7 was not actually working properly. In the end he re-flashed the QX7 Internal XJT module and it is now bound. Yay!
Thanks again, I couldn't have done it without you! Learned alot in the process too.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax