Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Practice, practice and practice some more...

graywoulf

Reaction score
I got my new Tinyhawk Freestyle today and once I made a few adjustments in Betaflight I decided it was time to see it fly outdoors LOS. I am waayyyy too used to quads and drones with altitude hold or GPS. I quickly learned that I need more room and a lot of batteries and HOURS of practice to get used to flying without all of that stabilization.

I even started out in Horizon mode and I couldn't keep that tiny quad in one place for long. I have been using FPV Freerider simulator for practice but it does not compare to the real world.

I wish there was a way to make the quad shut down it it gets turned upside down. I tried Acro for a minute or so but this tiny beast is quicker than quick. And I have not even thought of trying FPV yet although I find FPV to be easier than LOS for me with my tiny whoops.

I have ordered four extra 650mA batteries that are reported to use as 1S. I also ordered a very loud buzzer for it as well. The built in ESC beeper is pretty much useless. I also need to figure out how to set up the telemetry to give me battery warnings when flying LOS. As I have said before, so much to learn.

Well, the batteries are charged so it's back to practice some more. :D

Reactions: Futuramille
Don't feel bad buddy I have been flying for a couple of years now and my los is still rubbish.
So bad I don't bother. Fpv or nothing for me. The guys that can do all that fancy los in acro are amazing. I really only got into this for the fpv side of it anyway so not too fussed about los.
Heck, I crash enough fpv I couldn't afford to fly los. Lol

I got my new Tinyhawk Freestyle today and once I made a few adjustments in Betaflight I decided it was time to see it fly outdoors LOS. I am waayyyy too used to quads and drones with altitude hold or GPS. I quickly learned that I need more room and a lot of batteries and HOURS of practice to get used to flying without all of that stabilization.

I even started out in Horizon mode and I couldn't keep that tiny quad in one place for long. I have been using FPV Freerider simulator for practice but it does not compare to the real world.

I wish there was a way to make the quad shut down it it gets turned upside down. I tried Acro for a minute or so but this tiny beast is quicker than quick. And I have not even thought of trying FPV yet although I find FPV to be easier than LOS for me with my tiny whoops.

I have ordered four extra 650mA batteries that are reported to use as 1S. I also ordered a very loud buzzer for it as well. The built in ESC beeper is pretty much useless. I also need to figure out how to set up the telemetry to give me battery warnings when flying LOS. As I have said before, so much to learn.

Well, the batteries are charged so it's back to practice some more. :D
A lot of fun heh! You’ll get the hang of it, I find it far easier to fly fpv as I can never tell which way it’s heading los. If I’m heading for a crash or worse, I always have my finger resting on the arm switch to disable the quad so as to either not burn up a motor/esc or dig a hole to China.
As for managing your battery voltage when flying los, I have a hell gate buzzer that acts as a lost quad finder or starts beeping when your voltage is low. Easier still are those $3 buzzers that you can set up and attach to your battery balance lead. They’re loud and easy to attach.

Thanks guys! It is good to know that I don't need "Quadmovr's" skills to have fun. Right now, I just need a big open space to practice in. I live in a tiny two stoplight town and there are no parks nearby that I know of that have big open fields. I need to hit up Google maps and see what I can find. I have one of those $3 beepers you are talking about. I might just Velcro it onto the bottom. Not sure what voltage I should set it at though.

Reactions: Futuramille
Thanks guys! It is good to know that I don't need "Quadmovr's" skills to have fun. Right now, I just need a big open space to practice in. I live in a tiny two stoplight town and there are no parks nearby that I know of that have big open fields. I need to hit up Google maps and see what I can find. I have one of those $3 beepers you are talking about. I might just Velcro it onto the bottom. Not sure what voltage I should set it at though.
And here was me thinking that every town in the US had a baseball park.... No more TV for me.
I never let my batteries fall below 3.5V per cell and set my buzzers and Betaflight to that.

And here was me thinking that every town in the US had a baseball park.... No more TV for me.I never let my batteries fall below 3.5V per cell and set my buzzers and Betaflight to that.

Well, there is one baseball park but I don't think they allow quads or drones there. There used to be an RC flying club based there but they got run off.

Speaking of flying LOS, I wish I could learn how to fly like this. It looks like fun.

Well, there is one baseball park but I don't think they allow quads or drones there. There used to be an RC flying club based there but they got run off.

Speaking of flying LOS, I wish I could learn how to fly like this. It looks like fun.

Shame about the lack of room but there will always be somewhere you can fly, imagination is boundless. As for the chap flying in acro with the TH, you will be doing that shortly. Don’t be put off by the swoopy stuff, looks impressive, my eyes would struggle but it’s certainly doable.
Practice young man!

This may work for you to warn you about low battery voltage. I did not have telemetry in my goggles so I used this trick to let me know when to bring the quad back.

This may work for you to warn you about low battery voltage. I did not have telemetry in my goggles so I used this trick to let me know when to bring the quad back.

Sorry for the late response as some of my notifications get sent to the junk folder for some reason. Thank you very much for passing that link along. I will definitely watch it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adax