Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Please help

Sambo1988

Reaction score
Hi all

I have just been on holiday and been flying my last flight the quad dropped from the sky and I had smoked a motor, so I brought it home and started it up to check everything and it smoked another motor so now I’m thinking it could be the esc any ideas

Thanks

Hi virtue

No it wasn’t a hard crash it landed in a lot of tall grass, I have checked all connections and all seems good, when I plugged in the quad a armed the motors the seconded one smoked and stopped working and a little smoke came from the inside of the quad.

Reactions: Wayno52
Landing in the grass could also mean water got into the middle of things if it was damp enough. The smoke from inside is possibly the ESC if it is a 4in1.

It is a 4 in 1 mate so looks like I need a new 4 in 1 and 2 new motors

Motors are pretty hard to kill like that, usually it is just the ESC. For motors, if a magnet doesn't come loose or a bell doesn't get dented, then the wires breaking or burning is the only things I have seen happen. If you can still plug in without smoke you can always solder the 2 questionable motors to the good ESC's that are working and spin them a bit using Betaflight Configurator since you can start only the motors you want and leave the other destroyed ones turned off. That will tell you if it is just the esc or if the motors are damaged. If you do, make sure PROPS ARE OFF before you test them.

I’m sure it won’t take me long just debating weather to get a BLheli32 4 in 1 instead of the standard wizard one. I might even get some new motors too I the esc and the motors are the only thing left stock

There is. I wish I would have just built one now rather than buy on then rebuild it lol

Yep but price and time sometimes dictate the decision. You can always start a build and just do bit by bit.
As long as you have a bird in the air, it's all good mate.

Ye that’s what does me in I only have the wizard to fly so when it’s down im waiting to fly again, my missus won’t let me build another yet I have to many hobby’s, white water kayaking is also expensive and my main passion

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
darshan rajput