Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Please Help - can't get BetaFPV and TinyHawk2 working

scotiwis

Reaction score
Hi, hopefully someone can help as I am losing hair rapidly.

I purchased locally here in New Zealand:
BetaFPV LiteRadio 2 FrSky
TinyHawk 2 BNF

I am totally new to drones/quads so I read first that I need to bind them by changing the radio to D8, which I did, and then hit Bind on the radio and the TH.
They definitely appear to be communicating as after I bound them the lights on the TH change when I power the radio on and off, also when I flick the SC switch to the upper position all the lights on the TH come on and it beeps continuously.

Moving the throttle up on the radio has no effect on the TH though.
So I next read that I need to assign one of the switches on the radio to ARM - is that correct?
To do that I installed BetaFlight Configurator on my pc (Windows 10) and installed the STM USB and CP210x drivers (installed both coz no clue which I need).

I then powered on the radio and attached it to my pc via USB.
In Device Manager the radio showed as "BETTER_USB_HS" under libsub-win32 devices
Betaflight couldn't detect it (just shows COM1 and can't connect) so I followed instructions for Zadig and ImpulseRC Driver Fixer
In Zadig I chose "BetaFPV Taranis Joystick" and changed the driver from libusb to WinUSB (v6.1.7600.16385).
This resulted in Device Manager showing "BetaFPV Taranis Joystick" under USB Devices
Still no change in BetaFlight (choices are COM1 or Manual but both say 'no configuration received' when I hit Connect)
I then tried ImpulseRC Driver Fixer but it just sits at "searching for flight controller" forever
I also tried installing the demo of FPVFreeRider but it couldn't detect the radio either

I attempted all of the above on a different pc and a laptop, exact same results.
I also tried multiple USB cables, even bought a new one that specifically states data transfer + charge, but same results.

So I have no clue where to go from here.
I'm assuming I'm correct in thinking that I need to set a switch on the radio to 'arm' to make the throttle work?
And that I specifically need Betaflight to do this?

Any advice greatly welcomed!

Thanks

• Sad
Reactions: HighTechPauper
You are correct that you need to assign a switch for arming but it is the quad that needs to be plugged into the PC.
You also need to assign the switch in the transmitter itself.
This may help.

Reactions: HighTechPauper
Welcome to the forum @scotiwis, I wish you would have come here to ask before loosing so much hair.
As brettbrandon said, the BetaFPV TX02 controller is not what connecta to the PC over USB, at least not at this time, but you may later to re-flash it for D16 mode.

The quad does so that you can configure a few things.
The controller comes from the factory with some switches already configured I believe and you just need to configure the quad to match what switch you want to use for arming or flight modes etc. This video is a little more directed at the TX02 in D8 mode and configuring a quad in Betaflight to match (I think). If you continue to have some troubles please check back with us, and you are definitely bound I think so you just need to get BF configured in the quad.

Reactions: Deleted member 3641

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
darshan rajput