Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

OSD

Sambo1988

Reaction score
HI All

I’m wanting to set up the beta flight OSD on my quad I go through the configuration in the osd tab the way I want it but when I reboot it won’t show up on the screen within the goggles any ideas

Thanks

Sam.

What flight controller are you using? Do you have your video signal from your camera going directly to your vtx or is going through the flight controller?

Reactions: Wayno52
F849E296-6EFD-4223-A8C0-174CCC65963E.jpeg Hi

As far as I can see it is connected through the FC and this is the F.C.

Hi thanks for the help you have been more than helpful I had a feeling it may be an older chip and that to get the osd working I may have to connect a separate module. Just wanted to check with you guys on hear with more experience I haven’t been flying for long

Thanks

Sam

That separate module is an FTDI tool. It's just used to connect Arduino (multiwii) based components like the OSD to your computer for programming. Once you're done setting up your OSD, you just disconnect it and throw it in a drawer somewhere (and if you're like me, spend 5 hours looking for it the next time you need it haha). My suggestion? Upgrade your flight controller to a new one with Betaflight OSD, it's so easy to set up and full of cool features

Aahhh ok sounds like I’m best getting an updated F.C. any recommendations

Thank you very much for that and can I just swap out the F.C. and keep all the other components.

Really depends on which receiver you are using. As long as it's PPM or preferably sBus capable, shouldn't be a problem.

Yes I have a sbus receiver I’m using a radio link at9 transmitter. I think most of the components are still current BLHelis 20amp esc, Storm racing FX799t vtx run cam swift storm racing motors ect. It took some getting up to date, when I brought it second hand it hadn’t been configured with beta flight so being a beginner I had to get straight into it with I don’t think was a bad thing as I had to learn and reaserch quick

I have the r6ds was looking to get that one. Every bit of weight saved in a 130 quad helps I really like the radiolink transmitter too it didn’t have to many features does what it needs to

Same as mine by the look of it. Osd is not set up through Betaflight. You can download MW OSD costs about 2 bucks. Worked with mine but I can’t guarantee yours is same.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax