Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Osd to my quad but how ?

Quadcrow

Reaction score
Hi ther. Im new to drones and fpv. I recently bought a used zma250, changed the flightcontroller to frsky xmpf3e . What im missing is osd. In the page i will link below it says that my FC supports OSD. What i would like to see is RSSI current voltage and maby timer. Is there a way to get some of this info from flightcontroller ? I can see rssi value in betaflight. I have no clue on what those connections on the FC is. There some connector current and vbattery, xmled, ledstrip, buzzer etc on the board. On the link below you can see the FC its the first one in the review.

What i need to buy to get osd ? . Just a standalone osd ? Pdb with osd ? Or camera with osd ? . And how to connect it ? Would be awsome if you guys could help me out, all this is a jungle to me.

Heres some info about frsky xmpf3e (pictures on board etc):
FrSKY XMPF3E or XSRF3E — F3Evo flight controller with intergrated receiver

welcome quadcrow!
does your VTX have four wires? should be +/-/rx/tx. if so, your fc will feed the data to the vtx that way (rx/tx)
find an open uart like uart3. be sure of you're VTX power needs.. 5v or battery! also.
for boards withought osd, i feed vbat directly to the camera. .. just no rssi in that case.
whats your vtx and camera?
there's plenty on here that know more than i.. shouldn't be an issue getting you set.

My camera / vtx only use 3 cables. Camera cables goes directly to vtx. I dont know the name of the camera i think something cheap, but good picture. Allso from what i can understand there is no built in osd in my FC it need optional osd. It says it has osd support but i dont really understand what that means

Yes its yellow. But i guess i will need some kind of optional osd unit of some kind ?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larcas