Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

osd for GT2 200

Keifie

Reaction score
I got my GT2 yesterday and haven't gotten the OSD to operate on my goggles. It does show that the vehicle is "disarmed", BAT 0.0, 0.0A, (on mn), with the timer starting when quad powered. Everything else seems to be ok. She looks, sounds, and flies like a dream. I think I also got an upgraded version with the BLHeli 302XD ESC's Dshot 300/600. Any and all help is greatly appreciated. I wanna make this thing 100 percent with the OSD operating correctly. Thanks

Keifie,

So the OSD is showing, it's just not showing data? I assume you are on BetaFlight, make sure that VBAT is turned on in BF. I'd start there.

Jerry

Keifie,

So the OSD is showing, it's just not showing data? I assume you are on BetaFlight, make sure that VBAT is turned on in BF. I'd start there.

Jerry
Correct. The OSD is showing but no data. I just connected to BF to make sure VBAT is turned on

Keifie,

Just for the heck of it turn on the current sensor in BF. While connected to BF, connect the battery and look at the last box under VBAT, it should show your battery voltage, does it?

Jerry

Reactions: Keifie
Hi guys ,
Got my new armattan yesterday...it will bind to my radio..show sits connected and is feeding information. However it cannot be recognized by betaflight...no stick acknowledgment at all.
No switches ....nothing.
What do you guys think?

As always peace and progress
Keith

I hook the bird up to betaflight with the radio on and battery plugged in...just like the GT200. When i go to the receiver page and begin to move the sticks I get a low humming sound from the bird and then it disconnects from beta flight. The humm continues until i unplug the bird from the battery.

Keith

Jerry,
The bird was custom built and the build is beautiful. It came programmed and tuned. I inadvertently messed with the ports and RX settings because they looked very different from the diatone. My bad...i saw a video of the bird flying (hovering).
The shop owner is calling me at 9:30 today to sort it out. I pray things go well.

Thanks for your concern Jerry i will update when i know

Peace Keith

Reactions: Jtrjr
Concerning the gt200 mods...I don't know how to copy and paste...

Humbly
Keith

Keifie,

Just for the heck of it turn on the current sensor in BF. While connected to BF, connect the battery and look at the last box under VBAT, it should show your battery voltage, does it?

Jerry
Keifie,

Did you figure this out yet?

Jerry
Hey Jerry.
I haven't been able to get the data on the OSD. I was able to see in BF at the OSD page - "Your flight controller isn't responding to OSD commands. This probably means that it does not have an integrated BF OSD" What? I thought this F3 FC had OSD. I haven't had the time to look further into this yet but will later today. Thank you for your help

I just posted this in the other thread:

Keifie,

Your GT2 has its own OSD on the Diatone SP3 VTX. First, turn off OSD in BetaFlight and it might just show up. Second, you will configure the OSD with a program called MWOSD. You'll need to download and install it. Your bird will have two USB ports, one for the FC (the one you used to connect to BF) and another for the VTX (OSD). It's on the other side of the bird on the lower board. You will need to connect to that one to configure MWOSD. Do not connect to both USB ports at the same time. Do not power the bird while configuring MWOSD, it's not necessary.

Jerry

I just posted this in the other thread:

Keifie,

Your GT2 has its own OSD on the Diatone SP3 VTX. First, turn off OSD in BetaFlight and it might just show up. Second, you will configure the OSD with a program called MWOSD. You'll need to download and install it. Your bird will have two USB ports, one for the FC (the one you used to connect to BF) and another for the VTX (OSD). It's on the other side of the bird on the lower board. You will need to connect to that one to configure MWOSD. Do not connect to both USB ports at the same time. Do not power the bird while configuring MWOSD, it's not necessary.

Jerry
I have installed MWOSD configurator onto my Chrome extensions. I have the app pulled up and the USB plugged into the VTX but it won't connect
EDIT: Ive gotten MWOSD to connect but am still trying to figure out why I'm still not getting the data.
EDIT: Im in and have correct data display. I didn't have the Arduino program downloaded onto the new computer I'm using for kwads only. I had to power mine up for FPV and OSD though. You don't have to power yours for OSD?

Last edited:
Keifie,

It is possible that it had to be powered up, I was shooting off of the top of my head. I've got 11 different birds here. Make sure you have the antenna on anytime you power up. I will usually either turn off my VTX or put it on 25mw.

Jerry

Make sure you're using the right format (PAL/NTSC). If you have the wrong one setup it won't show on the screen because it will be beyond the borders. Turn on Horizon and a few other things that are in the center of the screen to tell if it's showing up.

Jerry

Make sure you're using the right format (PAL/NTSC). If you have the wrong one setup it won't show on the screen because it will be beyond the borders. Turn on Horizon and a few other things that are in the center of the screen to tell if it's showing up.

Jerry
I really appreciate all this info. It's really helping me along. I'll be diving back into it again tomorrow and hopefully have it all set to the FC OSD.

Keifie,

No problem, we're all here to help each other out. FYI, technically the OSD is part of the SP3 VTX not the FC. Good luck!

Jerry

I have the OSD operating properly now. UART2 was the final key that needed turning. I love how I can adjust BF and OSD configurations using my TX and goggles. SWEET!

Last edited:
Hey Guys guess what?

After i lost my Diatone crusader GT200 ,i saw a park supervisor that had come onto the field to move some soccer goal posts around and i showed him the new duplicate bird i was flying and explained that i had lost it due to battery fail.
I gave him my card and asked that if he or any of his workers found it to call me.......WELL THEY CALLED...GOPRO session 5 still aboard!!!this is exactly what it looked like when i got it. Ok going to take it apart and clean everything with alcohol...if anybody has additional ideas please feel free!!!!

Grateful
Keith

Attachments

• IMG_0885.JPG
    IMG_0885.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 3
  • IMG_0886.JPG
    IMG_0886.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 2
Reactions: Jtrjr and Keifie

Members online

No members online now.