Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Orlando Quad flyers group today!

Futuramille

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
We finally got to fly with a group of pilots from Orlando. About 10 guys.. a couple pro sponsered pilots including Helio team pilot at his "home" park.
Its a whole different game flying with a bunch of others. Even if your not on the same vtx channel you can blast someone else when you plug in. We changed to R4 but still took down someone on R2 and was taken down by a quad on R6. When you plug in.. there is a few seconds when the vtx blasts across all close channels (or can, It didn't happen everytime but talk about sketchy... (Inverted over a tree and suddenly your looking at a view from the ground).
with all the help there, we got turtle mode setup, learned how to use our smart audio (had to turn up the vtx to 500mW) so we could quickly back off to 25mW if stuck in a tree or can't find it cause its wrapped in moss.
It was quite a ball and we got through all 18 batteries I had charged.
20190331_145901.jpg
20190331_145609.jpg
20190331_153326.jpg

The new 1300mah Black Sheep Graphene bateries have 4.5 minutes flight times compared to the Tattu R line 1300s 3.5min.

It was awesome just to be there and meet everyone but also watching others fly.

Last edited:
Cool Bro. PM me and we can hook up to fly a spot or two. your always welcome at my home!
I haven't gotten with RR but Nate did get to fly with Le Drib two weeks ago at OSW drift event.
Orlando is turning into FPV central it seems.

Reactions: rtkDarling
I'm finally back in the game. I just finished a new 3" with an ak32 mini, falcon F4, and Emax 1408 RS @ 2300 kv
My favorite 6" just got the guts from my Batman 220, so that's 2408 @ 1900 kv
I have a 6" with a helio board that needs a new 4in1, and I'll be cooking with gas.
Headed to the keys tomorrow, gonna shoot through the weekend. If I still have a working quad when the dust settles I'm gonna plan that trip north. I really want to put a bug in the RR crew, I think I have an angle on FPV that they've never hit on (deep woods nature photography)

Reactions: Futuramille
I'm finally back in the game. I just finished a new 3" with an ak32 mini, falcon F4, and Emax 1408 RS @ 2300 kv
My favorite 6" just got the guts from my Batman 220, so that's 2408 @ 1900 kv
I have a 6" with a helio board that needs a new 4in1, and I'll be cooking with gas.
Headed to the keys tomorrow, gonna shoot through the weekend. If I still have a working quad when the dust settles I'm gonna plan that trip north. I really want to put a bug in the RR crew, I think I have an angle on FPV that they've never hit on (deep woods nature photography)
If you end up in or near Orlando over the weekend.. there is a drift race session on Saturday at Orlando speedway. we will be there and I would love to shake your hand.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax