Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Once it gets wet...?

fly like you stoll it?

• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters

Futuramille

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
How many of you trust your electronics (conformal) coating? would you fly over wet grass/snow or wait for it to dry.

Last edited:
I've rarely seen conformal work well enough, it's more like insurance that never pays out. I put my favorite quad in the drink a few weeks ago, most of the parts still work, no conformal at all. I'm doing some more work on the 4in1 and the FC today to see if I can't get them working too. If those two boards work it'll be 100%
freegifmaker.me_2dwTM.gif

I know it's not the same as rain... You can see some crazies on youtube that fly in the pouring rain, but not many

Reactions: Futuramille
The amount of money I put into my stuff I try not to get it wet.....I have crashed in the snow and shook it off and set it on the floorboard of the car for a few minutes until it was dry and kept going
...but nothing intentional in the moisture...and coating it isn't worth the chance of getting it wet.

Im about to start a rebuild on my 3" cerberus. I got the stuff to do it but I too don't fly when the grass is wet.
when I fly over the lake I simply assume its gone if I go down so...
I do like insurance though. I may do some coating.

Im about to start a rebuild on my 3" cerberus. I got the stuff to do it but I too don't fly when the grass is wet.
when I fly over the lake I simply assume its gone if I go down so...
I do like insurance though. I may do some coating.

Wet grass shouldn't be a thing. If you crash just unplug and let it dry. It does depend on your stack of course, but I've landed in wet grass and bushes more times than I can count and never had an issue. In Florida everything is prettiest right after the storm, so if my kit is charged and ready I tend to go out

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax