Welcome to DroneRacingPilots!
Join our free drone racing community today!

Once it gets wet...?

fly like you stoll it?

• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters

rtkDarling

I've rarely seen conformal work well enough, it's more like insurance that never pays out. I put my favorite quad in the drink a few weeks ago, most of the parts still work, no conformal at all. I'm doing some more work on the 4in1 and the FC today to see if I can't get them working too. If those two boards work it'll be 100%
freegifmaker.me_2dwTM.gif

I know it's not the same as rain... You can see some crazies on youtube that fly in the pouring rain, but not many

Piccopower

The amount of money I put into my stuff I try not to get it wet.....I have crashed in the snow and shook it off and set it on the floorboard of the car for a few minutes until it was dry and kept going
...but nothing intentional in the moisture...and coating it isn't worth the chance of getting it wet.

Futuramille

Website
www.youtube.com
Im about to start a rebuild on my 3" cerberus. I got the stuff to do it but I too don't fly when the grass is wet.
when I fly over the lake I simply assume its gone if I go down so...
I do like insurance though. I may do some coating.

rtkDarling

Im about to start a rebuild on my 3" cerberus. I got the stuff to do it but I too don't fly when the grass is wet.
when I fly over the lake I simply assume its gone if I go down so...
I do like insurance though. I may do some coating.
Wet grass shouldn't be a thing. If you crash just unplug and let it dry. It does depend on your stack of course, but I've landed in wet grass and bushes more times than I can count and never had an issue. In Florida everything is prettiest right after the storm, so if my kit is charged and ready I tend to go out

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deyvid