Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Number of motor poles for rpm filtering - Any experts can help me out?

Reaction score
So i'm just setting up RPM filtering on my Cinewhoop, when it comes to setting up you have to put in the number of poles the in brackets says (number of magnets on the motor bell)

When I check the tech spec of the motors (iFlight Xing 1507 2800kv) it says they are 9N12P, i'm told this means there are 9 poles, but when I count the number of magnets on the bell, there are 14!

Can someone tell me which on of these numbers I should be putting into betaflight?

Reactions: Jtrjr
So i'm just setting up RPM filtering on my Cinewhoop, when it comes to setting up you have to put in the number of poles the in brackets says (number of magnets on the motor bell)

When I check the tech spec of the motors (iFlight Xing 1507 2800kv) it says they are 9N12P, i'm told this means there are 9 poles, but when I count the number of magnets on the bell, there are 14!

Can someone tell me which on of these numbers I should be putting into betaflight?
The first number will always be a multiple of three as the motors are three phase, in your case 9 poles. The second number refers to the number of magnets in the motor which from memory will always be more than the number of poles, otherwise it would have trouble trying to spin up when connected to a power source. As for rpm filtering, I’ve never used it but if they are asking for the number of magnets, it should be the second number - 12. Not sure why you are counting 14, but if you are certain, then that is the number to plug into BF.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax