Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Noobie, 3S or 4S? Don't make the same mistake I did...

Jtrjr

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
I've been flying a few months now. I was really trying to be cautious and decided to go with 3S batteries for all of my birds. I now have 4-5 birds that I outfitted with 5-6 batteries each, 3S of course. After doing a bit of research, I think I made a bad investment. I found this review and a few other similar ones to come to this conclusion. You decide what's right for you.

Jerry

Reactions: Serius and Reaper71
I've only got (4) 3S batteries that I have been learning on....my first 4S battery is on its way.....I found a fello friend who races and he thrust me into Acro from Angle.....He says for lots of people who stay in angle or horizon too long have a hard time making the switch. I been flying Angle for two months and I will admit, Im having a hard time recovering when things get hairy in Acro but its because I'm used to the auto-level. I do wish I started in Acro. But practice makes perfect.

Reactions: Jtrjr
I've been flying a few months now. I was really trying to be cautious and decided to go with 3S batteries for all of my birds. I now have 4-5 birds that I outfitted with 5-6 batteries each, 3S of course. After doing a bit of research, I think I made a bad investment. I found this review and a few other similar ones to come to this conclusion. You decide what's right for you.

Jerry

One of the benefits of being a heli pilot is learning to use your radio to adjust flight curves. Not saying I'm good at it. But I have an understanding of what it's for and basically how to use it. Your radio is the key to RC. You can build the best model in the world. But you won't be able to enjoy it without a decent radio program. Everyone should spend some time just learning features on their radio.

Phoenix,

Agreed. Unfortunately, many of us noobs are simply overwhelmed with the many different aspects involved in this hobby. I'm learning so much every single day that is almost mind-boggling. I'm retired, so I have the time to devote to this endeavor. I can't imagine trying to do what I'm doing "on the weekends".

Jerry

Reactions: BigD451
Phoenix,

Agreed. Unfortunately, many of us noobs are simply overwhelmed with the many different aspects involved in this hobby. I'm learning so much every single day that is almost mind-boggling. I'm retired, so I have the time to devote to this endeavor. I can't imagine trying to do what I'm doing "on the weekends".

Jerry
Yup, that's all I got...the weekends and a little bit of time after work. Doesn't help that I'm trying to build a home. But this hobby is worth it. I moved on from Paintball & being a DJ into this great hobby.

Reactions: BigD451 and Jtrjr
Phoenix,

Jerry

Understood. Yea between working 7 days a week, shift changes at work, allergies and planning for my 30th wedding anniversary, I haven't even found time to maiden my 210r. But I still try to sneak in a little PC time for studying.

Yup, that's all I got...the weekends and a little bit of time after work. Doesn't help that I'm trying to build a home. But this hobby is worth it. I moved on from Paintball & being a DJ into this great hobby.
That's funny I used to play paintball but I still dj a little, and I moved into drones as well

That's funny I used to play paintball but I still dj a little, and I moved into drones as well
Small world....... I did have a hard time letting go of both but Im getting older so......

Isn't it amazing how addicting this hobby is. Every free second I get I'm on the PC learning something new about it. I've only flew a couple of times, due to the crappy weather, and I already have 4 drones, nuts!

Isn't it amazing how addicting this hobby is. Every free second I get I'm on the PC learning something new about it. I've only flew a couple of times, due to the crappy weather, and I already have 4 drones, nuts!
**** BigD! 4 drones lol. I got two racers and a tiny whoop but I keep crashing so I'm doing more repairs than flying.

**** BigD! 4 drones lol. I got two racers and a tiny whoop but I keep crashing so I'm doing more repairs than flying.
Well actually, I have a Phantom 3 standard, youbi 130, kingkong 90gt, Diatone Crusader gt2 and a few micro drones. I'm spending a lot of money this winter lol, can't wait for the nice weather.

Reactions: Serius

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fducloux