Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Noob Issues, help please.

Kevlan

Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm very new to Drones but really excited to have laid my hands on an Eachine Wizard 220X. It looks amazing for £211 ready built including transmitter and goggles! I managed one flight (and broke 2 props) before realizing I had ordered it with the wrong handed controller (mode1 which has throttle in the right and I assume its more normal for right handed people to have throttle on the left? certainty for me it feels more natural after flying a few toys in that configuration).

So.. after a quick purchase of a new FS-i6 left throttle I'm now struggling to get flying again.

I've learned a lot about Betaflight and FSi6 settings the last couple of days but not enough it seems! The issue I have seems to be around failsafe and the Tx Rx settings. Betaflight software shows that the transmitter is doing all the right things but as soon as I arm the quad the motor runs, the throttle value drops to 885 without touching the throttle, it drops into failsafe and the motors stop.

I've watched and followed many online instructions but none of them are helping. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Hey Kevian, unfortunately I am new to this sport too. I actually thought you could change the modes on the transmitter that comes with the x220. I may be well wrong but I can assure you that you are in the right place for info. The help you get here is amazing. Just wait, a few of the very experienced guys on here will have your bird in the air soon. Btw welcome

Reactions: Kevlan
Hi,

It sounds like you need to calibrate the new transmitter. Connect to betaflight with props off and go to the receivers tab. Then use the endpoints and sub-trim menus on your radio while watching the bars. Set all channels to 1000us min, 1500us mid and 2000us max. You may also need to reverse one or two of the channels, also done in your radio menu.

Thanks, I'll have a play, at first glance they look okay though. The odd thing is, on Betaflight, before arming everything looks fine, all channels at 1000 and 2000, its immediately on arming that the throttle reading drops from 1004 to 855 (actually the same number as is set to range on failsafe) without touching the stick. If I move the low range on the failsafe settings (say 750) then the reading drops to that number on arming.

It's almost like it's losing the throttle signal as soon as I arm but all the other channels carry on working working fine.

On the receiver settings page of betaflight I have 'stick min' at 1070 and 'stick max' at 1930. Because those settings don't appear on most online instructions (i'm gussing a more recent addition to betaflight?) I was guess a bit. initially I set min at 1000 but it didn't arm at all.

Does anyone have any suggestions on the next steps for faultfinding? My thoughts are.

1. Try the original ttansmitter again, if that works then i need to work out whats going on with the new transmitter

2. Flash formware on the fllight controller but i dont actually see the F3 6D0F on the firmware list. Should i pick one of the others?

3. Work out how to get the CLI code out of betaflight and post it on here for anyone that could help.

You need the SPRacing F3 image
Maybe post some screenshots of your Betaflight tabs config, Ports and receiver tab. Or you could use the CLI command: dump. Then select the text output and copy/paste here.

Reactions: Kevlan
Wahoo, some progress... But still one question

Flashed firmware - No Change
Tried old transmitter - Quad runs perfectly!!!
So I compared the settings. The original transmitter supplied with the Wizard has no fail safes set. I has set failsafe's in channel 3 and 5 of the new transmitter as suggested in one or more of the instructional video's. Taking these off the new transmitter also gets the quad working normally.

So for some reason the failsafe set in the FS-i6 are causing the flight controller to sit permanently in fail safe. Any idea's what's causing that anyone?

You where definitely on the right lines with the transmitter causing the issue.

Good news. I haven't messed with the transmitter failsafes, I just use the betaflight ones. Hit expert mode button, then failsafe tab will show up. It should be fine to leave failsafe off in the transmitter.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax