Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Newbie here buying my first FPV drone...am I missing anything?

blurred55

Reaction score
Thoughts on this setup for a first FPV drone? Anything you guys would change/swap?

B7XGDRq.png

The drone it pre-built and tested, here are the specs:

NQK8yIZ.png

I'm just unsure of how the FPV goggles pair and if I'm missing a component

Last edited:
Nevermind -- sorry for the dumb goggles question. I figured out I am not missing anything for the goggles to work with the drone

Is there anything you guys would recommend changing with this setup or swapping any parts?

I am fairly new too (a few months), but I think you are spending too much on the quad if it is your first. I like the Emax Hawk 5 for half the price and that was more than I could handle as brand new pilot. You are going to crash a lot. Motors bend, ESC's go burn out, battery leads get ripped off PDB (all 3 have happened to me). You will break it, so I'd take two Hawk 5's for the same price in order have a backup. I also like my Taranis X9D I think was priced less than what you spec'd. Get another 5 sets of props and 10 battery straps. Maybe get a couple Kevlar straps. I also like for $5, FPV Freerider simulator - best I have tried so far.

Edit - Hawk 5 may not be best choice as I think their AIO stack may be discontinued. Make sure you can buy parts to support what you break. I had to buy another mfg's 4in1 ESC and do some soldering as the Emax ESC was not in stock a month ago anywhere in the free world.

Last edited:
Hi blurred, have you flown drones at all before? That is a huge outlay for something you may not be ready for otherwise. You can start off a lot cheaper and like js said, get a sim first.
I would not personally go the hawk 5 for my first. Let us know your experience.
Wayne

Hi blurred, have you flown drones at all before? That is a huge outlay for something you may not be ready for otherwise. You can start off a lot cheaper and like js said, get a sim first.
I would not personally go the hawk 5 for my first. Let us know your experience.
Wayne

Yes, I've put over a hundred hours on my Mavic Pro so far with zero crashes. Before that I flew the cheap RC mini helicopters from los indoors and outdoors and never crashed them (could land in people's palms, etc) and those were EXTREMELY difficult to control. I assume since FPV drones are a quad they must be a bit easier. I have very good coordination and spatial sense. While I've never flown an FPV drone I'm hoping I can learn it quick and would try a sim first.

im fairly new to this also and have been flying the mavic etc like your self a longtime .. also flown little drones and quads etc .. got myself a little whoop £80 with controller .. puts in acro bruins it every 5th flight .. no way would I spend the money you are on the stuff .. yes great to have but dude acro is a different league man I have the money to go out and buy what I want but would be senseless as I learned from guys here and other places you WILL BUST IT UP .. fact no way around it even the pros still smash things up .. go small get awesome GO BIG .. enjoy and hope you make a good decision ..

Reactions: dirkclod
Don't worry, if you've been flying the MP for a while, you've got the basics of flying figured out. Plus Betaflight has a new mode called acro trainer that makes it sooooo much easier for those just starting out.

Reactions: Keifie

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
darshan rajput