Welcome to DroneRacingPilots!
Join our free drone racing community today!

Newb to FPV and this forum!

[email protected]

Reaction score
Just want to say hello and I’m glad to be here. I am 107 certified and play with drones for a living. I look forward to educating myself more here and helping others when I can. I am located in Northwest Arkansas and have lived here nearly 7 years now, was California born and raised but decided to try something new.

I am messing with drones on a daily basis, spent time experimenting with different antenna setups. I have lots of soldering experiences but I just don't know FPV.... I have been contemplating it for a while but to be honest the battery flight times have been a major turn off. Well, I decided to take the plunge because I need to know FPV lol! I think I am going to go with the DJI HD system, mainly because I already use DJI and spend time with different setups every day.

To start I have ordered a iFlight Bumblebee V2 frame, a TransTech Laser HD frame and a T-Motor F55 Pro II F4 HD stack. I will be buying the rest of the DJI FPV digi setup down the road but I wanted to spend time learning the build and getting sim time before flying. I have downloaded the Liftoff sim and WOW! So different and wild! I cant wait to really get one in the air.

I guess a question I can start with is what motors and props would be best for the BumbleBee for all around flights? I will finish this build first because it seems more forgiving to learn on and hopefully cost me less in repairs the first handful of flights lol... I am an experienced flyer of most things but FPV and don't want to start off with low end motors.

Thanks and I look forward to everyones input! UVT_Bench-1.jpg

HighTechPauper

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum @[email protected]!
The best thing you can do is to look at what the manufacturer is putting on the BNF's. in this case approximately 1507 size and 2800 KV.
A CinaWhoop is a completely different beast than most of our FPV quads, they are not made for acrobatics, and are more refined towards smooth flying to get good video in a safer manner than non-ducted quads. We will be glad to help you figure out theoretical questions about what works, and what the pluses and minus' are. You are used to operating a quad that actually flies itself, and you just tell it where to go, this will be a whole new experience for you, and SO much fun once you start getting the hang of it! Again, WELCOME!

Reactions: [email protected]

[email protected]

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum @[email protected]!
The best thing you can do is to look at what the manufacturer is putting on the BNF's. in this case approximately 1507 size and 2800 KV.
A CinaWhoop is a completely different beast than most of our FPV quads, they are not made for acrobatics, and are more refined towards smooth flying to get good video in a safer manner than non-ducted quads. We will be glad to help you figure out theoretical questions about what works, and what the pluses and minus' are. You are used to operating a quad that actually flies itself, and you just tell it where to go, this will be a whole new experience for you, and SO much fun once you start getting the hang of it! Again, WELCOME!

Thanks for the kind words and advice HighTechPaupe! Once I downloaded Liftoff I was amazed at the feeling and controls of these things! The sim definitely seems the way to go! I ended up ordering both frames so I can have options and it seems like the cinewoop will be a safer drone to start with and learn on. Then as I get more comfortable I will go to the next level with the 5". I am having trouble really deciding if I should do with the dji fpv or do analog. I keep going back & forth on it.

Dumb question from a tech guy but how did you tag me like that? Been trying to figure it out off and on but haven’t yet.

Reactions: HighTechPauper

Donnie Baker

Moderater
Staff member
Reaction score

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gpz