Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Newb needing help!

HRivs

Reaction score
I just bought a torrent 110, and it has a dsmx receiver. I have a Taranis QX7 with an ORX module. I am having trouble binding the 2. This is also my first bind. I have watched several videos on binding, but I can't seem to get it right. Pleeeeeasseee help!

I just bought a torrent 110, and it has a dsmx receiver. I have a Taranis QX7 with an ORX module. I am having trouble binding the 2. This is also my first bind. I have watched several videos on binding, but I can't seem to get it right. Pleeeeeasseee help!
Is the Taranis transmitter compatible with that receiver? If not, you may need to get one that is, or switch the receiver to one that works with the Taranis.

The receiver is spectrum, and the transmitter is frsky. I have a module in the transmitter that makes it compatible with spectrum.

Hmmmm. I was actually planning to pick up Taranis QX7 in the near future. They seem to be a popular great working transmitter. Have you connected the FC to Cleanflight or Betaflight & tried to see if the receiver is responding to stick movements? If not, make sure you are running same communication protocols (PPM, PWM, etc.).

How is the QX7 set for "Internal RF" and "External RF" ???
Assume those would need to be right so that the ORX module works right.

Reactions: NeoCloneOne
I have the external set to dsmx. One thing I am concerned about it the RX number. I can choose between 1 and 20. Not sure how to find what number to set it on.

That is just an arbitrary number that you assign when you bind a transmitter to a receiver, you probably already have a receiver bound to the #0 position. I have all 3 of my quads receivers bound as #0, but I could have just as easily set each one up as a different number and created a new "model" to assign it to, but since I power on only 1 at a time I can do it the simple way. You would likely assign different numbers to different models inside the RC because they could have different setups conceivably, for instance you wouldn't want to accidently power on and bind to your airplane and go to fly if your model was actually set for your quad, the differences in model config could cause a crash. If that makes any sense.
Bottom line just pick one that is not in use and go for it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax