Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

newb FPV goggles question

jlgaustin

Reaction score
So I keep seeing that some of the goggles out there have inserts for diopters. I have 20/15 distance vision since I got my lasik about 5 years ago. I have however got to that age where my reading vision is slowly going. So since I have an issue with up close reading vision and the screen on goggles are that close to my eyes does that mean I will have a blurry image? Do I need to get goggles with some type of vision adjustment? Sorry might be a really dumb question, but never really wore a pair of goggles like this.

Thanks,
Jason

If your vision needs more correction than the goggle can provide you will need to order diopter to match or else yes the screen will be blurry. If you look at your phone while playing video 2 inches from your face with no glasses and it's blurry you need diopters. If you want to avoid the hassle of dealing with it just get one of the wearable monitors you can wear glasses with.

If your vision needs more correction than the goggle can provide you will need to order diopter to match or else yes the screen will be blurry. If you look at your phone while playing video 2 inches from your face with no glasses and it's blurry you need diopters. If you want to avoid the hassle of dealing with it just get one of the wearable monitors you can wear glasses with.
So one more question. A friend of mine has those Zeiss VR One goggles he uses with his phone in it. The image quality isn't great but when I have used those I can see fine. But yea if I put my phone 2 inches from my eye everything is blurry. I guess the Zeiss lens in the VR one goggle is making it so I can see ok?

Not sure I'm not familiar with the vr one. I know a lot of people who use fat sharks and wear glasses don't like the hassle with them. Guess it depends on if you're near sighted or far? I'd say play it safe and just stick with something you know will work. I know fat shark sells some diopter options and I think you can get some custom made through someplace.

Not sure I'm not familiar with the vr one. I know a lot of people who use fat sharks and wear glasses don't like the hassle with them. Guess it depends on if you're near sighted or far? I'd say play it safe and just stick with something you know will work. I know fat shark sells some diopter options and I think you can get some custom made through someplace.
Thanks for the help.. I think I am gonna try and find someone somewhere around my area that can let me look through a pair or two before I go buying up goggles off the internet.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larcas