Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

New video... "Flirting with danger again"

Well if nothing else, you proved that HV EMF doesn’t create havoc with quads ?

I have flown all of my quads all around those wires and have even bumped into them a few times. Recently, I was flying my DJI Spark around them and bumped into them without any problems. And on top of that, There is a cell tower and sub station right across the road from me. I have been accused of doing line inspections as well. :D

This was taken with my DJI Spark last summer.

A bad place 1.jpg

Reactions: HighTechPauper
I have flown all of my quads all around those wires and have even bumped into them a few times. Recently, I was flying my DJI Spark around them and bumped into them without any problems. And on top of that, There is a cell tower and sub station right across the road from me. I have been accused of doing line inspections as well. :D

This was taken with my DJI Spark last summer.

View attachment 4521
I only mentioned it because for years when I was on the phantom forum, there were endless posts about the effects of cell towers and HV lines on quads . No amount of logical discussion could change their minds.

You are right about that. But Ken Heron on YouTube has uploaded several videos of him flying his Phantom near all kinds of towers. I will be trying to avoid them quite a bit more in the future though. ;)

How good is this drone? Compared to other brands like Dji or GoPro?

What a question. First off, I would have to say that you are wanting a comparison of two different classes of multirotor aircraft.

As I see it, drones like the DJI and GoPro Karma have the capability to pretty much fly themselves using GPS and flight control software and are mostly flown for cinematic style video and great pictures.

Quadcopters, freestyle and racing types like the iFlight Cidora seen in the first picture are controlled by complete manual control which takes a lot of practice in order to build the flying skills necessary to keep them in the air. But once you have developed that flying skill, you are having as much fun flying a multirotor aircraft that you can have. But quads can and do have a place now in flying for cinematic purposes and making great videos.

I boils down to what type of flying you want to do. Take pictures and make great videos of your area or vacation trips or ripping up the sky for fun. I fly both DJI Spark drones and freestyle quadcopters so I get to enjoy both worlds.

I hope that answers your question. ;) ?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
darshan rajput