Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

New To Building

stan5686

Reaction score
After a little over a year of flying a Yuneec Q500 4K I'm ready to try something different. I've been intrigued by race drones/FPV for a while and am ready to give it a try. The build you own aspect appeals to me as well. Had I been exposed to it before I bought my Q500 I probably would have done something different than buy the biggest drone made. Anyway I'm ready to try this now.

Reactions: Carlos and dirkclod
I think that it's a good idea to know all the details about the DYI kits. Mainly because you will need that experience at some point and time for repairs and modifications. And the best way to gain that experience is through first hand "hands on" building. However, that being said, the talent it takes to build these machines "well" really has nothing to do with being a good pilot. After gaining this experience, (for me at least) DIY kits is just a relatively cheep avenue to get the quad that I want, the way I want it. Also being able to support the quad with maintenance and repairs. Moving ahead from this point forward, now that I know what is necessary to maintain one of these machines, and provided that I have the resources to get the machines that I want, I may think twice about doing another build. Just my $0.02

Custom RTF / BNF Build

I built my first one, it was fun. If I get a new one, I will probably build again. I enjoy that part almost as much as flying, but many people dont. Just depends if you like doing this kind of puzzle.

I built my first one, it was fun. If I get a new one, I will probably build again. I enjoy that part almost as much as flying, but many people dont. Just depends if you like doing this kind of puzzle.

I might have had a better experience if I would have chosen a more suitable model for a first build. But I would have sacrificed the model I wanted. Being totally new to soldering didn't help much either. I'm sure that the next build would be smoother than the last.

Welcome to DRP Stan. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax