Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

New Jumper T16 not working - no yaw/left stick not working?

Soarific

Reaction score
Hi, I'm very much a newbie to all of this and don't know the ins and outs of transmitters but I was excited to get my new T16 in the mail today, set it up in velocidrone and noticed that the left stick (yaw?) wouldn't work, the throttle works on it and the other right hand side stick works fine. Can anyone diagnose what the issue could be?

It's hard to explain because there's so many pages, but there's an inputs page that shows what sticks / switches are being used in real time. If the inputs page shows yaw movement, then it's the computer. If the yaw shows no movement, then it's probably a bad ribbon cable inside the controller. If it is the ribbon cable, it should be fairly straightforward to fix.

Let me know if you can't find that page on your controller

It's hard to explain because there's so many pages, but there's an inputs page that shows what sticks / switches are being used in real time. If the inputs page shows yaw movement, then it's the computer. If the yaw shows no movement, then it's probably a bad ribbon cable inside the controller. If it is the ribbon cable, it should be fairly straightforward to fix.

Let me know if you can't find that page on your controller
Hi, excuse my ignorance but I'm totally new here. By pages do you mean within the transmitter menu itself? It never came with any manual. How easy are ribbon cables to fix back into place? I stupidly took it apart and a ribbon cable by the battery charge/SD slot came out and I have no idea how to put it back into place.

Hi, excuse my ignorance but I'm totally new here. By pages do you mean within the transmitter menu itself? It never came with any manual. How easy are ribbon cables to fix back into place? I stupidly took it apart and a ribbon cable by the battery charge/SD slot came out and I have no idea how to put it back into place.
I've never opened mine, but if there's a loose ribbon that's the problem for sure. The cable just pushes back into the connectors, they're directional so you can't put them in upside down, no tools needed

To access the input monitors from the home screen:

Hold down the roller / selector button on the right
roll down to monitors and press the roller to select
you'll see your stick movements on that page, and I suspect yaw is disconnected

Reactions: Wayno52
I've never opened mine, but if there's a loose ribbon that's the problem for sure. The cable just pushes back into the connectors, they're directional so you can't put them in upside down, no tools needed

Ok doke I will give it a go tomorrow as it's late for me. I shall come back with my progress and findings tomorrow. I'm just worried I break something and void my warranty with the seller!

Reactions: Wayno52
Ok doke I will give it a go tomorrow as it's late for me. I shall come back with my progress and findings tomorrow. I'm just worried I break something and void my warranty with the seller!
Try the channels map I just posted before you open it back up, but I think you'll be okay. The ribbon weakness is a commonly known issue with these controllers, it's one of the only complaints I've heard about it

Try the channels map I just posted before you open it back up, but I think you'll be okay. The ribbon weakness is a commonly known issue with these controllers, it's one of the only complaints I've heard about it
I just tried quickly there to do what you said but because of that ribbon cable I spoke of at the battery/sd section it isn't letting me do anything stick related now, I get a "bad radio data" when I power on and nothing else works. I'll carefully try to slot it back into place tomorrow morning and let you know how I get on! Cheers mate

Reactions: rtkDarling
There is usually a little lever mechanism on the connector where the ribbon goes, you need to gently figure out how to open that lever to open the connector, put the ribbon in properly, and close that lever or slide or whatever is on the connector to lock it into place. They NEVER go in without undoing the locking mechanism. DO NOT FORCE IT!!!

Hi buddy, I took it apart again, reseated the ribbon cable by the SD card and no longer get the error. Back to the main issue at hand, no yaw. All other movements on left and right stick give me a 100% reading, the yaw left to right only gives 13%, any ideas?

There is usually a little lever mechanism on the connector where the ribbon goes, you need to gently figure out how to open that lever to open the connector, put the ribbon in properly, and close that lever or slide or whatever is on the connector to lock it into place. They NEVER go in without undoing the locking mechanism. DO NOT FORCE IT!!!
It's 100% the left stick that isn't showing any movement, I went into my calibration screen and it doesnt pick up that im moving left to right. That is the only thing wrong, is this another ribbon cable fix? If so would you have a picture/be able to describe which one to fix this?

It's 100% the left stick that isn't showing any movement, I went into my calibration screen and it doesnt pick up that im moving left to right. That is the only thing wrong, is this another ribbon cable fix? If so would you have a picture/be able to describe which one to fix this?
I don't have any experience with the Jumper T16, but I have read a bunch about the ribbons needing to be re-seated etc, maybe this 50 minute video will touch on the correct ribbon for you. There also might be some good info in the comments section too. Good luck!

hey so i have a T18 and its showing Yaw movement but the ch04 is all the way at 2012us how do i fix that ?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax