Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

New JST-PH2.0 and BT2.0 charging board

HighTechPauper

Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Just FYI
Jesse Perkins posted about Fractal Engineering Shop's new series charging board for our PH2.0 and BT2.0 batteries if anyone is interested. They have 2 flavors, BT2.0 pre-populated and empty BT2.0 pads.

1601334642951.png

Is this just a hard wired parallel board or do they charge independently of each other like the manufactures PH2 USB chargers do?

It isn't a "parallel" charge board, it is a "series" charge board, it basically charges each battery as though it was a cell in a multi cell battery, so if you attach 4 batteries for instance you would move the pluggable jumper to the 4s position and then charge like it was a 4s. In this scenario all the batteries need to be close in voltage (like with normal parallel charging) but it allows you to use your much better charger to charge them and also be able to see IR on the cells if your charger has that feature. The one downside is it is only rated at 1.5 amps so that will limit the charge rate depending how many batteries are attached. If you had 6 PH2.0 and 6 BT2.0 batteries you could charge them all at one time but would be limited to 1.5 amps total current.

Do you know if there is an equivalent board for JST balanced 2S with PH2

Reactions: HighTechPauper
No, there is no equivalent for 2s batteries, the way the board is wired it will only be good for 1s batteries with PH2.0 or BT2.0.

OK then I need a solution. I have so many of these little 2S JST/PH2 cells I need to quick way to store them. I can use this little USB chargers for charging that's no issue as they each do 2 cells and I have 3 of them, so 6 at a time is fine but I have no way to store condition them.

I have the ISDT 608 which I use for the XT30/60 lipos and 1S PH2 (see pics) and if I try to just storage with balance lead it says operation not supported so wondered if I could effectively daisy chain two of the 2S cells together with a quick XT60 lead with two PH2 ends and the use each of the balance ports on the ISDT parallel board I have (see pics) I would only do this to storage them as safer I imagine than actually trying to charge like this.

This way it would think there are 4x 4S cells attached and that way i could store condition 8 at a time. What's your opinion?
PXL_20201002_155816428.jpg
PXL_20201002_155654033.jpg
PXL_20201002_155620303.jpg

You won't have any luck hooking the balance leads up to the parallel board like that, it simply won't work and could be dangerous, but I doubt the charger will let it start a charge in that way. I use my 6 headed PH2.0 to banana leads with a female banana to XT60 to hook it to the charger mains, then I use a 2s capable parallel board with just the balance leads all hooked up to charge, discharge, or storage charge my batteries. You could however do 4 batteries at a time with that arrangement by using the parallel board (4 slots), hooking that parallel board balance cable to the charger, and using just the PH2.0 cable (without the balance lead connected) to do 4 at a time.

Would you mind a quick picture of that arrangement so I can visualize?

Not the best picture, but hopefully you can see the mains connected through the 6 headed PH2.0, and the balance connected through the balance board. IMG_1661.jpg

Reactions: coyote_dc5
If you want to connect two 2S batteries in series to make them appear as a single 4S battery for charging, you'd need to make an adapter something like this:

2x2SBatterySeries.jpg

If you want to connect two 2S batteries in series to make them appear as a single 4S battery for charging, you'd need to make an adapter something like this:

View attachment 4595
Hi,
That’s a great idea. Do you happen to have a few pictures of the actual adapter. I’m interested in making one and I want to make sure I’ve not misinterpreted anything from the diagram.
Many thanks....Sam

Hi,
That’s a great idea. Do you happen to have a few pictures of the actual adapter. I’m interested in making one and I want to make sure I’ve not misinterpreted anything from the diagram.
Many thanks....Sam
Sorry, but I don't have one. I just drew up a diagram of what one would have to look like. Basically just saying that @coyote_dc5's picture in post #6 above wouldn't work the way it was connected, as @HighTechPauper also mentioned in his post.

Sorry, but I don't have one. I just drew up a diagram of what one would have to look like. Basically just saying that @coyote_dc5's picture in post #6 above wouldn't work the way it was connected, as @HighTechPauper also mentioned in his post.
That’s alright. I just thought you may have made one. Just to confirm, the XT30 leads, are they going to the two balance connectors?
Thanks....Sam

No, the power leads (XT30) were not shown in the diagram above. This would be a better way to connect 2 batteries together using 2 adapters; one for the balance leads and one for the power leads. Pay close attention to the positive (red) and negative (black) leads when connecting to both adapters.

2x2SBatteries.jpg

Reactions: coyote_dc5
No, the power leads (XT30) were not shown in the diagram above. This would be a better way to connect 2 batteries together using 2 adapters; one for the balance leads and one for the power leads. Pay close attention to the positive (red) and negative (black) leads when connecting to both adapters.

View attachment 4597
That’s much clearer. Thanks a bunch.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax