Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

New guy needs advice

Jonny3777

Reaction score
Hi all,
I'm new to the forum and to drone building. I've flown a lot of drones but really want to build my own. I've 3D printed a 1:1 scale replica of the mavic Pro and want to kit it out. I was hoping you guys could help me out completing my shopping list. I'm afraid to buy anything until I get confirmation that what I'm buying will work. Basically I want my drone to do the following,

Have good stability
Have 1km minimum range
Have return to home function
Have real time camera feedback to my phone or tablet as the fpv goggles make me dizzy lol
Have a flight time of 25-30 mins

The drone I've printed weights 207g.
I'm not really interested in speed as I only plan on using it for looking at ariel scenery.
I've complied a list of what I think will work,but I'm hoping you guys can tell me exactly what products I need to buy as I'm unfamiliar with brand names and technical jargon. I'm brand new to this I've watched a lot of YouTube videos on drone building but, I'm still a little lost. My main concern is buying the wrong battery that will burn out components. Or buying incompatible components. Also the controller and transmitter/receiver unsure about what is going to work. I'm also on a budget and I don't want to spend a fortune but I know for decent components I'll be spending a couple of hundred. The list is from below is what my understanding is so far, and is more than likely wrong/incomplete. It would be great if I could get a list of everything I need if someone had time to advise. Hopefully one of you guys can help me out on this. Thanks in advance.

I think this is were you have me stumped.. why not get a standard fit frame?
"I've 3D printed a 1:1 scale replica of the mavic Pro and want to kit it out. "

I think this is were you have me stumped.. why not get a standard fit frame?
"I've 3D printed a 1:1 scale replica of the mavic Pro and want to kit it out. "

Because the mavic frame I have is light but has loads of space inside it for a bigger battery.

You can print anything and make it fly with a four blade setup. picking the right custom gear to make that happen should be challenging enough for the best of us

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
darshan rajput