Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

New guy checking in!

bhester91

Reaction score
Hey everyone glad to be a part of the community. I am new to all of this and was wondering if you could lend me some help. Below is what I plan on buying, but was wondering if I am missing anything.

Thanks for the help!

@HighTechPauper The radio said it did not come with those batteries, so I assume I need those for it. As far as a charger and batteries for the quad it said it comes with the two 1s batteries and a 6 port charger. I plan on getting more batteries and props, just not sure which ones to get.

The old QX7S ACCST protocol model came with a battery pack and the charger for it, looks like the new ACCESS protocol model doesn’t. You will need a way to charge the 18650’s. Another thing is that the new ACCESS radio does NOT support the D8 protocol so you will need a JR module or look for the original QX7S ACCST radio instead, it should be in stock somewhere even though GetFPV is out if them.

RDQ has the original in stock, I think it is a better radio anyway, not fond of what Frsky is trying to pull with the new ACCESS protocol and dropping D8 support. In fact I try to go to RDQ anyway if I can, they are tops for customer service when you have issues.

Yes, you would need antennas, and be careful since those goggles use RP-SMA instead of SMA, just make sure to order the correct connector type. The antennas won’t be cheap either, probably 15-20 dollars each.

Sounds good to me. I am going to do some more research now, but I'm gonna go ahead and order that QX7S you suggested. I'm just trying to get a setup right away that can be used with future quads. I appreciate your help!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax