Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

New from Charlotte nc

venomoussvt

Reaction score
New to the forum and new to the hobby. Been flying helis from some time and quads for a few years.. just getting into fpv officially in the last few weeks although I've drooled over YouTube content of fpv footage for years. I've had reservations for some time that I would be haunted by motion sickness so I never wanted to invest for fear I'd be stuck with a hobby I couldn't use. Well I decided to go with another inductrix fpv plus and a "test" to see how I did and a cheap specktrum screen/fake goggle holder for some immersion into it. I've been hooked ever since. Looking to buy some nice goggles within a month then start getting serious with a first race quad. At the moment I'm spending as much time as I can on the stick either burning through batteries or flying on the simulator. Looking forward to growing and getting some good info from the site!

Reactions: dirkclod
Welcome to DRP venomoussvt . 0ROJYyg.png

Reactions: venomoussvt
Welcome to the forum, wish I was in North Carolina right now................

Well, I got my quad on the mail today. Went through the setup and quickly realized upon a test hover that I should've bought a 3s for it rather than a 4s. I'm not afraid to admit, I'm scared to death of this thing! Bought a vortex 180. And beyond surprised how "real" this thing is. There is no mistaking this for a toy as soon as you arm the props. Feeling a bit overwhelmed so I'm gonna order a 3s for it and spend some serious time on the Sim.

wanted to follow up, not that theres anyone lurking, but I decided to go fly the quad with the 4s anyways. I have zero fpv acro flight experience other than liftoff. I took off ridiculously nervous and flew out around the football field of the local highschool. I got a little disoriented for a second and decided to back out of it and sit it down and get my bearings. I landed a little quick in the grass and I didnt get the props disarmed fast enough and it flipped over. No damage was done so I grabbed it and set it back up, grabbed a seat and tried it again. I flew from that point on with no issues, mainly because my nerves calmed down after my little flop. I flew the entire pack (have since purchased 3 more) and was tracking with it and practicing my cornering and just getting all around more comfortable with the quad. I would not have been able to fly without time on the simulator. I see now that this thing is a lot more snappy than anything in the sim, however the fundamentals I learned from crashing my virtual quad paid off for sure. other packs and carry pouch will be here tomorrow. Gonna burn this pack after work today.

Reactions: VirtueViolater

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adax