Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

new camera for buzz

irish-apple

Reaction score
guys anyone like to justify a good new camera for my emax buzz .. dont want any big set up .. plug n play think its 6 pin Caddx s1 installed on it great drone not so great camera on em ?? what you reckon I should get .. or maybe one that even records save me a new go pro ..

Reactions: Wayno52
So many choices now it's hard to pick a winner.
But I will say this, HD fpv cameras are great on a quad and the footage is pretty Dang good. Having said that they are not GoPro quality.
Heck of a lot cheaper though and a lot less weight.
Hard decision for you there but maybe a new 4k caddx tarsier?

Reactions: HighTechPauper
So many choices now it's hard to pick a winner.
But I will say this, HD fpv cameras are great on a quad and the footage is pretty Dang good. Having said that they are not GoPro quality.
Heck of a lot cheaper though and a lot less weight.
Hard decision for you there but maybe a new 4k caddx tarsier?

Yeah, the only real problem with the HD FPV setups, is they are not cheap, and will not hold up to abuse very well at all, so repair or replace can get costly. So many are raving about the Caddx Ratel, Foxeer Falkor and Predator, and Runcam Eagle and Swift lines, it is just so hard to tell. I know one thing, I won't buy a cam now unless it has and 1.8 or 2.1 mm lens, nothing 2.3 mm or bigger, too spoiled on the field of view!

Reactions: Wayno52
The other thing to consider with the onboard HD cams is that they include a 20x20 board you have to find space for. Not a dealbreaker, but it doesn't look like the buzz has an easy spot to just drop one in.
tutleV2_740x.png

The other thing to consider with the onboard HD cams is that they include a 20x20 board you have to find space for. Not a dealbreaker, but it doesn't look like the buzz has an easy spot to just drop one in.
tutleV2_740x.png

I have it any idea of the wiring system ?? Really lost here

@irish-apple, super easy bro! The Green/Black is for the camera OSD menu joystick, so just leave it accessible somewhere in the build so you can fish it out and make changes, like "start recording at power on", contrast, brightness, etc.
The Red/Black/Yellow are the only wires to attach, check the input voltage claimed on the cam (I think it is 4.5v to 20v) and decide where you can get the power from for the Red/Black. Then wire the Yellow to either the FC Video In to pick up the OSD from the FC, or straight to the vTX Video In, I am guessing to the FC Video In since all modern quad FC's have built in Betaflight OSD.

@irish-apple, super easy bro! The Green/Black is for the camera OSD menu joystick, so just leave it accessible somewhere in the build so you can fish it out and make changes, like "start recording at power on", contrast, brightness, etc.
The Red/Black/Yellow are the only wires to attach, check the input voltage claimed on the cam (I think it is 4.5v to 20v) and decide where you can get the power from for the Red/Black. Then wire the Yellow to either the FC Video In to pick up the OSD from the FC, or straight to the vTX Video In, I am guessing to the FC Video In since all modern quad FC's have built in Betaflight OSD.
Super easy .. Lol thank I really appreciate your help and time to text that to me I will give it a go what's the worst can happen !!!!!!!

The mobile 7hd FOR ANOTHER MATTER IS THE WORST QUAD I HAVE EVER FLOWN . Far far too heavy front end and the yaw pitch etc together sends the quad into a world of pain .. Never knew a bad quad until I flown this and I cannot see al the rave reviews about it and yes I have updated and gotten the pics and tried other pics form different people ..

Just asking your 100% about this buddy here's the board from the buzz

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-07-31 at 08.52.36.png
    Screenshot 2019-07-31 at 08.52.36.png
    5.4 MB · Views: 4
Just asking your 100% about this buddy here's the board from the buzz

So the board has a Camera Control (green wire), so you MAY be able to hook the green off the turtle to it and do joystick functions, dont know for sure and my only concern is cutting the connector off the turtle side. Other than that, yup Red to Red Black to Black and Yellow to Yellow. Whats confusing you or is your concern? By the way the black from the cam control lead may go to the same place (ground) as the other black, but not 100% sure it will work, you would have to try it, but I am pretty sure it would not do any damage if it didnt work.

You see there is a
So the board has a Camera Control (green wire), so you MAY be able to hook the green off the turtle to it and do joystick functions, dont know for sure and my only concern is cutting the connector off the turtle side. Other than that, yup Red to Red Black to Black and Yellow to Yellow. Whats confusing you or is your concern? By the way the black from the cam control lead may go to the same place (ground) as the other black, but not 100% sure it will work, you would have to try it, but I am pretty sure it would not do any damage if it didnt work.
black and green on the turtle which is the camera and ground I think for the control of it
> there is then a black /red / yellow on the buzz controller

Why can't they make this simple plug n play **** !!! I would nearly sell this and find something easier .. Unless I can find a route where its easy enough im not frightened of soldering / wiring / fixing as I am well used to small parts > phone repair etc ..

Here is my take...
Many don't like connectors since they can be a source for connections issues, resistance at the pin/socket, and added weight. That being said it would be super nice for more standardized connections and simple inexpensive crimp tools and pins to make our own harnesses. But I am not sure why 3-5 wires being stripped tinned and soldered is a huge deal, I think you got this easy.

Reactions: rtkDarling

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adax