Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

New build Tryo99 wont connect to Betaflight

airBent2

Reaction score
Hello everyone

So this is my first build. I got 2 kits, the tryo99, and tyro129, I put everything together on the tyro99 went to plug it into betaflight it said open serial port then failed to connect. I know my drivers are good. I connect my other drones. I did some research and tested my ESC and FC and they seem to be good. so I thought I would take a break from that one and put the tyro129 together, but first plug in the FC to betatflght to check it out, the same thing is going on failed to connect. I don't understand what it could be. Shouldn't you be able to plug the FC into betaflght by itself to check it? is there something I'm missing? do I need to bridge the sbus for it to read it? So I've been researching why I can't connect to betaflight. If anyone has any ideas I would be grateful for any help.

Thanks and happy flying Ok, so I have to come clean on why I couldn't connect to Betaflght I will start by saying **** happens! when you don't take your time and check things out. I have a cord I use to plug into my PC for betaflight, that I also use for my phone. My desk has USB ports to charge things with. It was plugged into the charging port when I plug it into the flight controller! sitting there Wondering why it won't connect to betaflight what can I say **** happens Poop I think we've all done things we don't want others to know. Take your time

Last edited:
when/where did you buy. i been wanting to get tyro 79 from banggood but idk how covid is affecting shipping from them??? anyone know or order anything from china lately??? i want to buy but am hesitant due to not knowing anything about the logistics of shipping in these trying times...

when/where did you buy. i been wanting to get tyro 79 from banggood but idk how covid is affecting shipping from them??? anyone know or order anything from china lately??? i want to buy but am hesitant due to not knowing anything about the logistics of shipping in these trying times...
No idea where you live, but I’ve been advised that any parts/kits coming out of China will be a long time coming due the shutdowns over there. Even if they started up the companies today, I would still be waiting awhile due to restricted shipping/flights to and from Australia. Your one chance would be if banggood has a warehouse with stock near where you are and are able to ship.
I‘m supporting my local shop anyway to help him try and stay afloat.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax