Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

New 4 in 1 ESC and could use some help

DavidKersting

Reaction score
Been flying with a 20A 4x1 Esc,,,,,,it gave up on me. Bought a IFlight 35A E004454 as a replacement. Now struggling with the wiring. tired of torching new stuff by tinkering with what I think is OK so,,,,I thought I would ask you all for some help. I have attached pics of my old ESC and the new mounted ESC. trying to figure out ESC to controller wiring. Controller to receiver I can handle.....Tired of smoking the new purchases due to thinking I got it right.....help please.

Attachments

• IMG_5098.jpg
    IMG_5098.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 8
  • IMG_5099.jpg
    IMG_5099.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 8
  • IMG_5100.jpg
    IMG_5100.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 8
hmm.. some of those solders look cold. both on m3 and m4 first wire on the left on both.. kinda hard to see. looks wired correctly though. a cold solder shouldn't cause a fried mosfit though.
do the motors test out ok in betaflight?
on the cicada I dont see anything to cause it.
maybe someone with better eyes will chime in.
Id send it after testing in betaflight.
Do use a smoke stopper ... always.
easy to build and saves your electronics when first plugging in.. or anytime you on the bench.15575516982765951614736505553214.jpg
the red button is a switch.. quick on.. quick off if the automotive light shines straight away. check it out... has saved me several times and mostly is a mind saver knowing your covered

smoke stopper ..

I recommend including the switch though many just plug and unplug using the light only...
With the switch I can have everything plugged in when testing (or going for a drink) and just flip the switch when ready.. its also faster than fingering an xt60 plug

hmm.. some of those solders look cold. both on m3 and m4 first wire on the left on both.. kinda hard to see. looks wired correctly though. a cold solder shouldn't cause a fried mosfit though.
do the motors test out ok in betaflight?
on the cicada I dont see anything to cause it.
maybe someone with better eyes will chime in.
Id send it after testing in betaflight.
Do use a smoke stopper ... always.
easy to build and saves your electronics when first plugging in.. or anytime you on the bench.View attachment 3222
the red button is a switch.. quick on.. quick off if the automotive light shines straight away. check it out... has saved me several times and mostly is a mind saver knowing your covered
Thanks for the info.
I replaced the ESC because after a crash, inspection, power back up, I smoked one motor, replaced the motor, and it smoked again (only 1 of the 4). Im blaming the ESC....

The new ESC has a 5V/12V BEC. Last night, I wired the ESC to the FC. LED on FC came on, then went off permanently. probably just torched my FC eh.. Should have used my multimeter in advance eh..pfff. After the fact, I realized I was putting 12V to the FC....ouch.

In short, My old Cicada ESC with 5V BEC has 5 wires and nicely color coded. This new one has 8 wires and 2 of each color guessing due to the 5V/12V BEC? and no black or red, . The drawing is poor at best for wiring so I am really just trying to figure what the heck each wire is so I know where to connect to my FC. I have one more CC3D board....aint connecting till I understand the ESC wires. Thanks for your help. Yes, gonna build a smoke stopper too.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
darshan rajput