Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

neewbiequadter

FlyQuad1

Reaction score
Hi, I am new to the racing drone field. I usually fly DJI drones.
I have a storm butterfly 16 from heli-pal . I messed up the configuration or perhaps firmware update on my quad. The quad won't connect, no lights, computer say USB not recognize.
I try reboot , download the 2 driver on Betaflight but no go. The quad seems to connect to the transmitter and goggle but won't arm. Is there some group, or some one in New Westminster BC that I could go to and help reset my quad issues, I will pay for the service.
WW

Reactions: dirkclod
Welcome to the forum. Sorry i can't help you but sure someone that can will be along shortly that can.?

Welcome @FlyQuad1, I think you may find that the Storm Butterfly 16 is lacking in the support area, and a bit overpriced for the parts inside it, but we can try to help you get it back running. The first thing you always do when you get something like this is to connect it to your computer and get a CLI dump file, if you have that it you may be able to reflash the Flight Controller and apply the dump and be back to working, but I have looked online and see very little information on the quad as far as support info goes. Please say you have a Betaflight CLI dump from when you first got it.

Welcome @FlyQuad1, I think you may find that the Storm Butterfly 16 is lacking in the support area, and a bit overpriced for the parts inside it, but we can try to help you get it back running. The first thing you always do when you get something like this is to connect it to your computer and get a CLI dump file, if you have that it you may be able to reflash the Flight Controller and apply the dump and be back to working, but I have looked online and see very little information on the quad as far as support info goes. Please say you have a Betaflight CLI dump from when you first got it.
Thanks, but no connection to computer. FC won't connect to computer. Can't acess Betaflight with quad. Try install the 2 repair driver, and zig and another system, but failed.still no connection.
Pulling my hair out, frustrating.

Thanks, but no connection to computer. FC won't connect to computer. Can't acess Betaflight with quad. Try install the 2 repair driver, and zig and another system, but failed.still no connection.
Pulling my hair out, frustrating.

It's possible just to replace only the FC board with a new one similar and keep everything else on the quad. Will the configuration work with everything and get it going.
neewbiequadter

It is possible that the FC has lost it's Betaflight code and wont run, that would mean you can't connect to the computer. Did you by chance try to reflash the FC? One of the biggest reasons this can happen is because the incorrect Betaflight firmware rev is loaded onto the FC. As far as being frustrated, this is a hobby for tinkerers, and this is a part of the learning process and you will have parts fail from time to time, it is a part of the hobby.

Last edited:
Yes, of course you CAN change the FC, but it is an order of magnitude harder than what you should look into first, which is seeing if you can reflash the FC. Even if you get the FC running again you do NOT have the configuration for it if you didn't get a CLI dump when you first got it. I looked on the web to see if I could find a dump for this quad but could not find one posted anywhere. The first thing you need is the knowledge to know how things work, second you need to do some very specific testing and troubleshooting to determine what is working and what is not. Often, after all of us pull our hair out trying to help, we then learn the rest of the story about what happened and it all becomes clear. Let's start off by starting with the basics. You yourself said "I messed up the configuration or perhaps firmware update on my quad", lets start there.

Hi FlyQuad1, let me start by saying welcome to the forum and there is a wealth of knowledge here.
I see HTP has already got things started and you can't possibly ask for better tech support. As Randy said, this is all part of the hobby and most things can be sorted with a bit of time and patience.

Reactions: Deleted member 3641
It is 2:30 am here, I am going to bed, I will check in the morning for any replies.
THANKS FOR THE HELP. I upgrade Betaflight to 10.7.0 and installed stm driver ,cp210 x driver, impulse RC driver.
No connection and can't access CLI. Is there another software that could access the flight controller

Upgrading to 10.7.0 is the Betaflight Configurator and has nothing to do with the BF on the quad. There is just too much unknown to make an accurate guess where you are, but here is a little primer of info. IF the FC is good, then it just may be that you need to flash it with the correct QUAD BF rev to get it back. To do that you will need to find the boot button on the FC and use the "Firmware Flasher" in BFC to flash it. When you do this you DO NOT hit the connect button, you just go to the flasher and make the correct choices and see if it will flash but... this is pretty advanced stuff and I don't know that you can get through it without help, even if your FC is good still.

So where are you in the world? Maybe we can do a Web Meeting to try and get it going.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax