Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Needing an affordable, simple FPV monitor.

graywoulf

Reaction score
Hey guys,

In all of the work in modding my Tinyhawk Freestyle, I was watching a few videos where they used a small video monitor hooked to their Fatshark goggles to set up the receiver module and some of the OSD settings and that looked like a much easier way to do the setup so I was looking at some of the monitors that are available that are not wireless. This made me wonder if there is a way to use my Android tablet to do this but I can't seem to find an adapter that I can connect the goggles video output to the tablet. Have any of you ever seen any kind of setup like this anywhere? Just curious. Thanks!

If you have an android this is an option. It's not great to fly with, but it will turn your phone into a 5,8 ghz monitor.

I appreciate that link and suggestion but I need some way of sending the video signal from the video out port on my goggles to a small monitor. I have found a couple of standalone monitors that will do the job but I am hoping that there is a way to connect the video output to my tablet instead so that I don't have to buy a separate monitor at all. Thanks again! ?

Reactions: rtkDarling
@brettbrandon, Thanks for that suggestion. The cable I have for the goggles is similar to the one in the link but the HDMI adapter is for output to a TV or laptop with an HDMI input.

I think I may have found a solution for this. It is an adapter that takes a video signal and converts it to a USB connector. I can then use an OTG adapter for my tablet to connect the goggles to the tablet. This device even has an app made for it for Android devices. I does not need any external power supply as well which is good. I just ordered one. Here is what I bought.

Easycap USB 2.0 Audio TV Video VHS to DVD HDD Converter Adapter Capture Card 611485696154 | eBay

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
darshan rajput