Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Need help!!!

Droner

Reaction score
Hi, i built my first drone and i need some help.
I bind the transmitter to my frsky reciver but no input on betaflight when i move the sticks, telemetry is ok and a green led in my transmitter.

Taranis xd9 plus
Frsky R-XSR Reciver w/S-BUS
Fc-hobbywing XRotor f4

IMG_0030.jpgIMG_0030.jpgIMG_0030.jpgIMG_0030.jpg

Here's what I'm looking at, it looks like you have the receiver hooked up correctly, but that's if you're SURE that yellow wire is SBUS.
hobbywing_xrotor_silk.png

frsky_r-xsr_rx_receiver_smartport_sbus_inverted_uninverted_pin.jpg

The yellow wire should be coming out of SBUS out / CPPM. If the receiver is binding, but beaflight isn't getting inputs, then it has to be a problem with the SBUS connection

Here's what I'm looking at, it looks like you have the receiver hooked up correctly, but that's if you're SURE that yellow wire is SBUS.
View attachment 2869

View attachment 2870

The yellow wire should be coming out of SBUS out / CPPM. If the receiver is binding, but beaflight isn't getting inputs, then it has to be a problem with the SBUS connection

I follow this guide:

That's correct, so we're running out of options...

The plug looks a little weird to me in the top picture, but images can be misleading. It looks like one of the pins is bent.
Screen Shot 2018-11-27 at 12.34.04 PM.jpg

I still think it's that pin, the wire, or it's connection along the line. Sometimes wires can be broken inside the insulator and you can't tell.

The other option is your controller setup. There are many settings inside the Taranis, and it's possible to bind to a receiver, but have the setting wrong on the controller side, so the aircraft isn't receiving or responding.
Check out Joshua Bardells video on setting up your controller, build a new profile, and try binding it again. If you know your controller is set up correctly, it pretty much comes down to that yellow wire

That's all I've got for now, but I'll keep checking back

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-11-27 at 12.23.34 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2018-11-27 at 12.23.34 PM.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 8
That's correct, so we're running out of options...

The plug looks a little weird to me in the top picture, but images can be misleading. It looks like one of the pins is bent.
View attachment 2874

I still think it's that pin, the wire, or it's connection along the line. Sometimes wires can be broken inside the insulator and you can't tell.

The other option is your controller setup. There are many settings inside the Taranis, and it's possible to bind to a receiver, but have the setting wrong on the controller side, so the aircraft isn't receiving or responding.
Check out Joshua Bardells video on setting up your controller, build a new profile, and try binding it again. If you know your controller is set up correctly, it pretty much comes down to that yellow wire

That's all I've got for now, but I'll keep checking back

Thank you very much my friend, i already follow joshua bardells so i think the yellow wire or the pin damage as you said

I can see what you've done. Frsky likes to confuse us and on the R-XSR, yellow is S.Port and green is sBus even though we're used to sBus being yellow. So you've removed the green sBus wire completely from the sBus port and moved the yellow wire over to it. Now you have a yellow wire for sBus out on the receiver. This is correct and exactly how I do it. Doesn't solve your problem but at least you know it isn't the receiver

What rev of Betaflight is on your FC???
Many of the older revs had trouble seeing the SBUS correctly.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanykcz