Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Need help with getting my flysky tansmitter to talk to the quad

Hi HighTechPauper,

Thanks for your reply. I have tried to follow your instructions but they did not work. I also did not receive a manual when i ordered the flight controller from banggood.

Thanks,

Sid

Thanks for the reply,
I have one question,
for the io1 pin, do i use the red black and white wire or the other colours? (for the Rx)
i have an online copy of the manual.

sid

EDIT: This is the picture:Screenshot 2018-10-08 at 21.04.58.png

Last edited:
The picture is not clear enough to tell, but I am wondering about the wiring. I wonder if the orange purple yellow green wires are going to the signal pads of your ESC's? I think the +/- and S wires from the receiver need to go to the red black and white wires on the 8 pin connector that came with the FC,and get plugged to IO_1 which is on the left side in the picture above. I do not have Flysky so I am not 100% sure, but that is as I understand it.

The picture is not clear enough to tell, but I am wondering about the wiring. I wonder if the orange purple yellow green wires are going to the signal pads of your ESC's? I think the +/- and S wires from the receiver need to go to the red black and white wires on the 8 pin connector that came with the FC,and get plugged to IO_1 which is on the left side in the picture above. I do not have Flysky so I am not 100% sure, but that is as I understand it.

yes that is correct, the orange purple yellow and green wires do go to my 4 in 1 esc. I have also used the IO_1 port but once i connect it, it still doesn't show stick movement.

sid

Last edited:
Hi Sid, can you get a good clear picture of the IO_1 connection and wires so I can see if that looks correct? Also can you show a picture of the Ports and Configuration tabs in Betaflight Configurator? It is not possible for me to know what could be wrong, this is where the hobby can be a challenge even if you have some experience with things?

here are four pictures of the screenshots and my wiring.

Sorry for the bad quality, I have a bad camera.

I can also buy a different transmitter. If you could recommend any that would be great.

Screenshot 2018-10-13 at 22.10.57.pngScreenshot 2018-10-13 at 22.16.49.pngScreenshot 2018-10-13 at 22.18.12.pngScreenshot 2018-10-13 at 22.19.04.png

Ok Sid, that looks ok to me, the next thing to check is what disarm codes are being shown in the first screen.
Can I see what rev of BF is running? If the configurator says "Show Log" instead of "Hide Log" like here, then click on Show Log to open the log window up
1539488422650.png

Then look through that log to see what rev you are running, here you can see I am running 3.2.4 on this board.
1539488771911.png

And in the right side you will see and Info box with your disarm code or codes, here I am showing a number 3, this means my RX is not being seen, but if I turn on my transmitter and plug the battery into my quad my #3 goes away, does yours?

1539488686115.png

Ok Sid, that looks ok to me, the next thing to check is what disarm codes are being shown in the first screen.
Can I see what rev of BF is running? If the configurator says "Show Log" instead of "Hide Log" like here, then click on Show Log to open the log window up
View attachment 2703

Then look through that log to see what rev you are running, here you can see I am running 3.2.4 on this board.
View attachment 2705

And in the right side you will see and Info box with your disarm code or codes, here I am showing a number 3, this means my RX is not being seen, but if I turn on my transmitter and plug the battery into my quad my #3 goes away, does yours?

View attachment 2704
Thanks for the reply,

My FC runs on 3.2.4 but I cannot see the info box. could you point me in the direction of it?

Sid

Then it is likely that the RX is not working or the wiring between the FC and RX is not correct somehow. For the FC to see the RX the FC will need to be configured properly and it seems from what I can see that it is. Also the RX and TX need to be bound and functional and everything needs to be powered up (no props on). Maybe you can walk me through the LED indications on the RX during a test, I am not the Flysky guru but I think @Wayno52 could possibly help us evaluate your indications as he has some Flysky stuff working.

Try this and let us know exactly what the receiver LED's do at each step please.

Power on the quad by attaching the battery, what exactly are the RX LEDs doing at this time?

Then power on the TX and let us know exactly what the RX LEDs do then.

I want to see if the RX seem to be giving the right indications at each step.

Reactions: VirtueViolater
Thanks for the reply,

When i connect my quad to a battery, the rx's red light flashes.
As soon and my tx is powered on, the rx light is solid. on the tx it does show that the rx is bound and it has full battery.

Sid

Ok, that sounds correct, so the issue is likely with the RX, I am trying to do some research but I am not sure exactly sure what you have. Please give this a read and see if it is close enough to yours to helps you make sure the TX is set to PPM mode, and please post as good a picture of your RX so we can try to figure out if PPM is possible with that model. According to this you may need a FS-IA6B instead but since I am not a Flysky guy I am not sure, but a good pic of your RX may help me figure it out.

PPM signal support for FS-i6 radio

Randy,

I am fine with getting a new transmitter. Just tell me what you use and I can buy it. its ok, I don't need to use flysky since I got it from my brother's old drone.

Please let me know

Sid

Ok, I will give you a good recommendation, but it is all about the Transmitter I think. There is an older model of Flysky that will not do "iBus" and a newer version that will. I am guessing you have an FS-iA6 and not an S or X model, but the least expensive way would be to get an fs-ia6b RX, but it still leaves you in the PPM world which doesn't seem to be working and it might just be the RX.

Quick question, did you find the System Setup and RX Setup area inside your Transmitter menu? If so what choices were there?
And exactly which TX model do you have?

Ok thanks.

yes there was an rx setup menu and it had ppm output, AFHDS 2A, Rx battery, failsafe, sensors list, ibus setup and servos freq.

I have a FS-I6 TX and a FS-IA6 RX

Hope that helps,

sid

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax