Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

need help to start fpv

Zverka

Reaction score
Hello, my name is Adam. I'm from Europe,Montenegro. I'm interested in starting to do fpv freestyle. I need help with buying certain components. I've already flown drones like dji mavic and phantom. I assambled custom dji f550. So I know a little about drones. I searched on the web about fpv drone racing and freestyle. I want to hear the opinions of the more experienced pilots. Money is not a problem. So far I have decided that I want to buy dji fpv air combo(air unit,goggles and controller). Is that good option? I want to build the best drone from the best parts that I can find.Thank you in advance. Best regards.

Welcome to the forum!

The DJI setup is great by all accounts, but it's not the easiest setup to learn on. If money is truly no object, then I have a $350 training solution that I would recommend before you jump into a full size rig.

I'm suggesting you get a lower end analog setup to learn on because I personally feel like its easier to learn to fly on a micro quad. You're going to crash a lot learning, so it's faster if you're practicing on a smaller scale and the DJI unit doesn't fit in these small trainer quads.

It's just my opinion though, if you want to dive right in to a 5 inch DJI unit then there are ready to fly units waiting for you.

Thank you for your reply.

So you think that I should start with RTF micro quad. What I was thinking is I want to buy that one separetly, like cheap goggles and budget radio and that mini quad and learn on that one and to other hand to have that full 5 inch quad. So what do You recommend me RTF to buy and on what simulator should I start learning?

I would start with a jumper T16 pro, Ev800D (or the new version) and a tinyhawk (the original 1s) If you don't have any indoor space, then get a tinyhawk freestyle

Sims are about style. Eventually you'll be able to tell the difference, but as a beginner it doesn't matter IMHO. Practice is practice

Oh and there are some good ready-to-fly DJI quads available, but you still need goggles and controller

Great recommendation rtk and I couldn't agree more.
And a sim will serve you well Z.
Just for a info point, you can buy kits like this.
I'm not saying it is right for you by any stretch of the imagination. This is a super fast quad and dji gear rtf.
Well apart from set up, batteries, charger, cell checker, etc.
I would still start with what rtk said until you are sure you want to spend serious money though.

Interesting that they chose 2205 motors for that rig. It's kind of a nod to "cinematic" style flying. I wonder if they're purposely slowing it down just a touch, assuming that the DJI crowd isn't in it for the punch.

Still better than the boys at RotorRiot though, they want an arm and a leg for their DJI setup. Theirs is over $400 unassembled and it's only 4s rated

Thank You all for help. I started flying in liftoff simulator with frsky i6x controller. On first what I saw was flying fpv racing drone is much different from bacis drone. From Your reply I concluded that I should start with cheap rtf kit. Listen now I have 2k€ to start with this all. For me shipping is different becouse I don't have any near store that I can buy this part of, so I buy from internet stores, when I buy something from there I wait from 20-40 days, so that's tough for me.So I want to buy all from beginning becouse if I order it now it can arrive in next year?.

PS. I'm from Europe, state Montenegro

Lol Z, I think that is flysky rx not frsky but that doesn't really matter. Flying fpv racing drones is totally different to what you are used to and what rtk recommended is a great start.
The thing is if you go for something super fast straight off the bat you will most likely be repairing more than flying.
$2k can be eaten up very quickly with a dji full set up. My thoughts would be to stay analogue with a smaller less powerful quad or even two until you have got the hang of fpv.
Make no mistake thought the more you fly doesn't mean less crashing because you learn to push even harder.
Best rush standing up.
Let us know if you need more help mate.
Wayne

Reactions: HighTechPauper
Sorry, my bad it's flysky. I get it now.I will start with something slower. So is anyone here that's from Europe? Because I want to know where is the safest place to buy those parts.

Thanks W

I would start with a jumper T16 pro, Ev800D (or the new version) and a tinyhawk (the original 1s) If you don't have any indoor space, then get a tinyhawk freestyle

Sims are about style. Eventually you'll be able to tell the difference, but as a beginner it doesn't matter IMHO. Practice is practice

Oh and there are some good ready-to-fly DJI quads available, but you still need goggles and controller

Hi,

I just started the FPV. I'm flying with a Beta85 Pro 2.
Does anyone know?
I bought the radio JUMPER T16 PRO HALL. Easy to manipulate. I found it on a French shop RC DRONE 3D.

Hi,

I just started the FPV. I'm flying with a Beta85 Pro 2.
Does anyone know?
I bought the radio JUMPER T16 PRO HALL. Easy to manipulate. I found it on a French shop RC DRONE 3D.
Hi @Jujufpv, the T16 Pro should work very well, it is new so there is still some better operation to come in the near future, but it should work now for anything you need. I would suggest watching some of the setup videos about it starting with Joshua Bardwell's to make sure you understand it and get it set up correctly from the beginning.

Reactions: Jujufpv and Wayno52
Hi @Jujufpv, the T16 Pro should work very well, it is new so there is still some better operation to come in the near future, but it should work now for anything you need. I would suggest watching some of the setup videos about it starting with Joshua Bardwell's to make sure you understand it and get it set up correctly from the beginning.

Hi HighTechPauper !

Thank you very much for the advice !! It's true that it is a little complicated for a beginner !

Reactions: HighTechPauper
Hi HighTechPauper !

Thank you very much for the advice !! It's true that it is a little complicated for a beginner !
There is a lot to learn, but you don't have to be a full expert to get your gear to where you can fly and have fun. We will be here to help you when you have questions or can't figure something out, so just absorb info as you go. This hobby is a bit like golf, it doesn't take very long to get the basics, but it will take a lifetime to master it all.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax