Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Need help improving my fpv signal penetration and range

kivo123

Reaction score
I mostly fly freestyle around buildings and trees and I feel that my fpv signal is very week.
Right now I am using a furious true d 3.7 5.8ghz DR with a Raptor 5.8Ghz Omni antenna and a Invader Antenna 5.8Ghz Polarised Receiver Patch both RHCP and my quad has a Lumenier AXII 5.8GHz Antenna.

I also have the tbs unify pro 800mv and Tramp HV on my quads.

I feel that my signal starts to break up as soon as I go around a small building or a bunch of trees. I have also tried to set my vtx on 800mv running channel E band 3 but I dont really see any difference so I always stick to the lower legal frequencies

I could never fly in a place like this:

I would have too much breakups using my gear

This one also seems insane with a lot of trees and cliffs (long range):

So what fpv gear should I use for better signal? Should I also get a cross fire system for better signal penetration for my radio as well - all though I am not interested in flying 0.5km+ range

Thanks

that's good equipment sir! your only gonna get vision so good and the rest you simply have to fly through "the scaggle".
what you see in most vids is hd gopro ride along footage. actual fpv view is hugely different than gopro.
i find running 200mW best for 300yrd type penitration but it's still gonna look like 70s rabbit ear tv at times.
just fly through it. if your going to black in the goggles inside 300yards there's a problem. anything other than black screen lockouts should be considered normal if you fly behind anything with water content. trees, bushes, your head... etc

that's good equipment sir! your only gonna get vision so good and the rest you simply have to fly through "the scaggle".
what you see in most vids is hd gopro ride along footage. actual fpv view is hugely different than gopro.
i find running 200mW best for 300yrd type penitration but it's still gonna look like 70s rabbit ear tv at times.
just fly through it. if your going to black in the goggles inside 300yards there's a problem. anything other than black screen lockouts should be considered normal if you fly behind anything with water content. trees, bushes, your head... etc

It turned out that I had a faulty vtx, after switching to a new one I noticed a ton of difference using the same settings as before :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax