Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Need help - Floureon 250 FPV racer motor not working

NeoCloneOne

Reaction score
I'm fairly a newbie to the 250 Racing drone scene (but an electronics tech, so helps with assembly/ repairs). Gonna just use for personal sport flying. Anyways, purchased it from GearBest. Out of the box, one of the filter caps for one motor was damaged/ no big deal. Replaced it. I flew it 3 times, trying to get hovering down. Last flight, took a hard landing and flipped over on grass. I locked the motors immediately after. When I flipped it back over to fly again, the rear left motor stopped turning. I measured the voltage to the motor while the other motors were on and got 12Vdc to the ESC, but no output voltage to the motor. I put 12Vdc from a test power supply to the motor directly and it twitches on each pair of its wires. I replaced the ESC with a 20A Eachine one one - same result (makes noise so I know it is getting input voltage). I tested the continuity to each contacts of the FC connector on the PDB to each motor contacts and ALL were OK. Anyone know what the problem might be caused by? Thanks in advance.

Reactions: HighTechPauper
Welcome to the DRP forum @NeoCloneOne!
I think you will find that the ESC makes an AC voltage (essentially 3 phase) to the motor so I don't think you can tell anything from hooking up a DC power supply.
Your indications sound like you had a bad ESC, and you will need to make sure it has the same rev of FW in it as the others and that the cal has been done.

Reactions: NeoCloneOne
Welcome to the DRP forum @NeoCloneOne!
I think you will find that the ESC makes an AC voltage (essentially 3 phase) to the motor so I don't think you can tell anything from hooking up a DC power supply.
Your indications sound like you had a bad ESC, and you will need to make sure it has the same rev of FW in it as the others and that the cal has been done.
How can I do that? Copy it from the other ESC's or something?

@NeoCloneOne, you haven't said what firmware rev is on your ESC's and if the new one is at the same rev. I think that is super important too and as an example, I have been replacing a few ESC's on mine and the new ones are preloaded with 16.4 but all my other ones are 16.66. So I have to flash the new ones to get it to 16.66 before I tried to calibrate the max/min throttle.

Green and Vv will correct me if I'm wrong about it being critical, but I know it can't hurt.

EDIT: You will want to use Chrome BLHeli Configurator to check/flash your ESC's, but maybe it can be done in CleanFlight for all I know, I'm a BetaFlight user.

@NeoCloneOne, you haven't said what firmware rev is on your ESC's and if the new one is at the same rev. I think that is super important too and as an example, I have been replacing a few ESC's on mine and the new ones are preloaded with 16.4 but all my other ones are 16.66. So I have to flash the new ones to get it to 16.66 before I tried to calibrate the max/min throttle.

Green and Vv will correct me if I'm wrong about it being critical, but I know it can't hurt.

EDIT: You will want to use Chrome BLHeli Configurator to check/flash your ESC's, but maybe it can be done in CleanFlight for all I know, I'm a BetaFlight user.

I'll have to try and see. I haven't loaded CleanFlight on my laptop yet. I've watched YouTube videos on some of it. I am also gonna try another test, swapping the right front motor (same CCW type like left rear motor) and see if it responds normally, just for quick troubleshooting test.

Reactions: VirtueViolater
I've read somewhere that these Floureon 250 racer ESC's use BLHeli software in them. So I guess I might be better off downloading BLHeli suite for mines, or will CleanFlight work just as good?

I've read somewhere that these Floureon 250 racer ESC's use BLHeli software in them. So I guess I might be better off downloading BLHeli suite for mines, or will CleanFlight work just as good?
I'm not sure i use rf1, Green should know if you can just use cf

Update: So I swapped motors/ ESCs #2 & #3 (originally thought bad) with each other. Result: the #3 motor/ESC set works in #2 position. This brings me to the conclusion that the problem lies in either the PDB or the FC. Even calibrated the ESCs. I tested the PDB with a multimeter & continuity on each contact for #3 ESC and they seem OK. So it must be the FC output for #3 that's no good. I already have a FC replacement ordered & on the way.

That sounds like Clean Flight or Beta Flight per BF example below...

upload_2017-10-7_9-16-52.png

BLH should look something like this, note my firmware revs are plainly visible in top line of ESC's, these are both the Chrome browser configurators.

upload_2017-10-7_9-20-16.png

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax