Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Need advice on OSD and Batteries

Nbanks02

Reaction score
Sooim new to the website and also to the hobby and have a couple of questions.

I have a Eachine Trashcan which is great fun and keeps me busy and a Eachine Wizard X220. I use both with my Eachine googles but my issue is with the wizard, because it doesnt have OSD I dont know when to come back and dont want to destroy my batteries i have a little bleeper but its hard to hear from far. Any suggestions?

Secondly my balance charger doesnt seem to stop on its own, it’ll carry on for like 50 mins then started making a funny noise, so i unplug and try again then it says “battery was full” why doesnt it stop on its own?
Im using eachine 4s 1500mah batteries and it says 14.8v on the package but my current battery on charge says its at 16.29v and still going up, paranoid its gonna blow up

Havent got any soldering equipment and battery voltage and confuses me ? good luck and thanks in advance!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 5
A fully charged 4 cell battery is 16.8 volts (4.2 x 4 = 16.8) if you are flying till the battery is very low it can take up to an hour and a half (or more) to fully charge back up from very low. On my X220 I just set a timer on my radio and land when it goes off, and adjust it for 15 more seconds at a time until my batteries rest at around 14 volts. Amy lower and I am taking too much out of them, too much higher and I am leaving flight time on the table. The funny noise may be the Cutoff Timer, to avoid this I usually Storage Charge my batteries so it doesn't take as long to fully charge them, or set my cuttoff timer in the charger to something more reasonable. At what current rate do you charge those 1500 MAH batteries? Should be 1.5 amps for a 1C charge rate which is based on a 1 hour charge time.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax