Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Need a second opinion with a receiver question

M3talrocksFPV

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
So im pretty good at builds and it's definitely not my first walk around the block, but I'm running into an issue I can't seem to figure out. I have an omnibus f4 board that ive successfully connected my at9s to but only by selecting ppm. Great and all, works amazingly, but when I tried putting the frsky xm receiver to get it on my qx7 i get no response. I put the XM in my f3 board and it responds so I know it's not the XM. I've gone through just about every troubleshoot I can possibly think of. I've resorted to putting my r12dsm (radio link) receiver back on but still can't get it to be sbus only ppm. Any thoughts on why this would be or why the XM isn't getting a response at all?

If it works with the Radiolink but not FRSky, my guess is that you are connecting to the incorrect UART. For your XM+, it should be connected to the dedicated (inverted) sBus pad on the Omnibus

If it works with the Radiolink but not FRSky, my guess is that you are connecting to the incorrect UART. For your XM+, it should be connected to the dedicated (inverted) sBus pad on the Omnibus
I thought that too, but since I normally have to do that with my radio link too, but didn't need to, . this board is on an kingkong fly egg 130 that's plug n play.

So im pretty good at builds and it's definitely not my first walk around the block, but I'm running into an issue I can't seem to figure out. I have an omnibus f4 board that ive successfully connected my at9s to but only by selecting ppm. Great and all, works amazingly, but when I tried putting the frsky xm receiver to get it on my qx7 i get no response. I put the XM in my f3 board and it responds so I know it's not the XM. I've gone through just about every troubleshoot I can possibly think of. I've resorted to putting my r12dsm (radio link) receiver back on but still can't get it to be sbus only ppm. Any thoughts on why this would be or why the XM isn't getting a response at all?
Does the board have SBUS pads that need to be bridged?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
happypapaya