Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

My next victim...lol

This little guys next, put it all back together with my depinned receiver and now it's doing the flip of death when I give it the throttle. The back right motor is getting hot so I'm sure there's a short to carbon fiber, going to tear it apart and rebuild it then add my camera and VTX
2017-09-16 13.38.54.jpg

just made my last order for my 6" stretch leopard build....cant wait! will be knocking this one together next week. Oh, i ordered a camera Jerry, its coming in on the row boat from china tho... going to bust buy today maybe for a gp

Reactions: Jtrjr
Oh, i ordered a camera Jerry, its coming in on the row boat from china tho... going to bust buy today maybe for a gp

Virtue,

'bout time! Videos are worth a million words!:)

I just rigged up my Diatone DT130 with a RunCam HD Camera. It's a bit top heavy and the video isn't great but it works!

Jerry

Reactions: VirtueViolater
Virtue,

'bout time! Videos are worth a million words!:)

I just rigged up my Diatone DT130 with a RunCam HD Camera. It's a bit top heavy and the video isn't great but it works!

Jerry
Well heres the one i ordered, like me it was cheap...lol cheap enough to try, still want a $150 gp tho
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B072N74SQW/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I'm thinking with the infrared lights on this camera and my runcam owl i may be able to see and video pretty good at night

Last edited:
20170920_080511.jpg
Fc, pdb mockup in my 6" stretch leopard (my low esr capacitor pdb isn't in yet)
20170920_081756.jpg
Vtx beteeen the upper rails for visiblity and convenient switching
20170920_082410.jpg
Plenty of room left in stack area. Hoping my motors and Pdb come in today
Oh yeah, and my camera.Ordered a foxeer monster, since weight isnt much of an issue on this build, i got the one with the aluminum case, blue to match the side plates

Last edited:
Looking good, Virtue! One thing I'm going to start doing, after resurrecting the DT130, is to use a heat gun to form the extention lead coming from the VTX. The OEM installation had that thing really stressed. My range was significantly better after relaxing that lead.

Jerry

Looking good, Virtue! One thing I'm going to start doing, after resurrecting the DT130, is to use a heat gun to form the extention lead coming from the VTX. The OEM installation had that thing really stressed. My range was significantly better after relaxing that lead.

Jerry
Thats what i do! I also do it with those cheap signal wires sometimes if i have to bend them sharp

Jerry
Are you going to use the all metal pdb and fc mounting hardware with your leopard? I have had bad luck with that type of hardware and didnt use it on my leopards

20170920_101843.jpg
Fc's tinned and receiver is depinned and ready to go. Going to incorporate an onboard dvr on this one
EDIT:
mail just ran, no parts...geezzz...usually get my raceflight orders in two days. Oh well, maybe tomorrow

Last edited:
Virtue,

That DVR looks like a big item to get in there. Did you consider using a RunCam Split instead? I've got one on the way to see if I like it.

Jerry

Virtue,

That DVR looks like a big item to get in there. Did you consider using a RunCam Split instead? I've got one on the way to see if I like it.

Jerry
I'm gonna use a plug and strap it or velcro it to the top. If it works ok, I'll unbox it and put it on the stack permanently. It was only $16 so figured i'd give it a try.
OH, and i'm waiting on the runcam split, if i like this dvr, i'll be able to easily move it from one quad to the other, not so much on the split

Another slow work day today for me, hoping my pdb and motors come in today, this build is gonna be awesome if i ever get my parts.

Hard to tell by my crappy pics but this one is mean looking. Gonna be red white and blue maybe if I add some white. Haven't named one of my quads yet but may call this one "Uncle Sams Revenge"
2017-09-21 15.32.58.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax