Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

My new addictions.

Wayno52

Reaction score
Hi all, just got home from the Eastern state's (work) and my new toys are ready for delivery by Santa on Xmas day.
Can't wait to run some packs through the helifar x140 pro with the help of the x9d plus. She's bound but still need to secure rx antennas and set up in bf.
Oh going to be a great day. 1545380168826784523917.jpg

Attachments

• 1545380058792477932424.jpg
    1545380058792477932424.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 1
  • 1545380108767253492133.jpg
    1545380108767253492133.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 2
  • 154538013824121606313.jpg
    154538013824121606313.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 2
Yes mate 3" Stu from UAV clocked it at 110mph.
Mind blowing fast. I have bound rx but not yet put in zip ties and heatshrink.
That and bf set up hopefully today I will see how I get on.
I need to set up new tx as well so got a bit to do.
Can't wait to fly this thing, I haven't flown for a month or so now and will be a bit shaky for sure but it will come back to me for sure.

Reactions: rtkDarling
OK so it's taken me all day of YT to get where I am but she's ready to go.
Had a few hiccups along the way coming from flysky background but I think I'm good to go.
Hover test at home and a little los seems good.
Some pid changes as per Stu from UAV.
Hopefully this 42 degree Celsius heat drops soon cause I'm keen for her maiden. 15454670897701249370413.jpg15454670897701249370413.jpg

Attachments

• 15454671194142067734566.jpg
    15454671194142067734566.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 1
OK so it's taken me all day of YT to get where I am but she's ready to go.
Had a few hiccups along the way coming from flysky background but I think I'm good to go.
Hover test at home and a little los seems good.
Some pid changes as per Stu from UAV.
Hopefully this 42 degree Celsius heat drops soon cause I'm keen for her maiden. View attachment 2928View attachment 2928
Welcome back home, in time for Xmas and the eye watering heat. I've just flown home, set up my new Furibee x140, went for a fly and had to come home due to the pounding sun. Fortunately the wife had filled the fridge, put on an Arnie movie so all was not lost. If it turns out to be another stinker today, I'm heading for the lake at my place and taking the fishing rod and a six pack.....image.jpeg

Reactions: Wayno52
Hi all, just got home from the Eastern state's (work) and my new toys are ready for delivery by Santa on Xmas day.
Can't wait to run some packs through the helifar x140 pro with the help of the x9d plus. She's bound but still need to secure rx antennas and set up in bf.
Oh going to be a great day. View attachment 2921
Nice!!! Been eying the 3 inch for a little bit now!!! fill me in on how it flies and feels please!!

Nice one tevek, how are the 4 blade props?
I've only run 6 or so packs through them but so far so good. They are 3030 so I might get some slightly more aggressive props a little later. The CCD camera (clone) is light years ahead of my other CMOS cameras and a great help learning fpv. The quad is running pretty warm, much more so than my 5" quads so maybe that's normal running 4S on them, don't know enough to make an informed opinion. Looking through some tutorials on PID setups that might help.

Maybe try some 3 blade props too Tevek.
Hmm, OK, might be a plan. Went out today and the quad flew like it was possessed. Really weird, turned everything off and tried again and it was all good. Might be suffering from tutorial overload, time to fly with what I have and move a bit more slowly......

Yeah buddy, unfortunately with these cheapish bnf/pnp quads that are mass produced we seem to have alot of issues. Some are lucky and bind it up and all good from the start. I don't have that luck, everything I buy from gb or bg has issues.

Reactions: tevek
Yeah buddy, unfortunately with these cheapish bnf/pnp quads that are mass produced we seem to have alot of issues. Some are lucky and bind it up and all good from the start. I don't have that luck, everything I buy from gb or bg has issues.
Was thinking the same, but I ran out of time and probably a bit of patience. Flies fine and it's a good 3" starter but I've gone against my own advice which shits me a bit. I will move to a better 3" set up but I'm expecting to smash this thing around until I get some more experience and take some of the good advice from the crew here on the forum. Apparently the wife has a voucher on the Xmas tree which I'm advised will give me some options... I think you posted somewhere that the options locally are limited and so ill take a punt elsewhere.

Yes pretty much limited I really want to get a custom build but it's double the price of gb and bg.
I would build but I don't feel confident yet to do that.
I have the geprc sparrow bnf on order but as usual it is overdue by weeks and most likely lost again as some others I have purchased.
Thank god for PayPal.
I am really tempted to get buzz hobbies to build me a new acrobrat.
Sweet looking frame.
Still looking at around $400-$500 for build though.
But I'm fully addicted to the 3" quads now.

Reactions: tevek
Yes pretty much limited I really want to get a custom build but it's double the price of gb and bg.
I would build but I don't feel confident yet to do that.
I have the geprc sparrow bnf on order but as usual it is overdue by weeks and most likely lost again as some others I have purchased.
Thank god for PayPal.
I am really tempted to get buzz hobbies to build me a new acrobrat.
Sweet looking frame.
Still looking at around $400-$500 for build though.
But I'm fully addicted to the 3" quads now.
Yeah I'm hearing you. I've had nothing but good service from Grant and will probably follow your lead. Getting to the stage where I've long lost interest in chasing money down a hole and let the knowledgeable people guide me. Besides the money I save at work by not drinking is enough to fund the next project.

Haha, lol I am with you there mate.
Next two days though are nothing but beers, junk food, Sydney to Hobart and cricket.
I will be in no state to fly in the next couple of days.
I still have my cp130 running but I hate the cmos camera and also having failsafes too close for my liking.
I think I will just bite the bullet and get grant to build.
After all it's Christmas.

Haha, lol I am with you there mate.
Next two days though are nothing but beers, junk food, Sydney to Hobart and cricket.
I will be in no state to fly in the next couple of days.
I still have my cp130 running but I hate the cmos camera and also having failsafes too close for my liking.
I think I will just bite the bullet and get grant to build.
After all it's Christmas.
Nice work, just thrown the marron net in, having a drink and looking at the base of the Xmas tree. Happy and safe travels to you, there's a year ahead of flying, crashing and rebuilding stuff ahead. You're right, hand it over to Grant and get amongst it. Cheers.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
obistevekenobi