Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

My Fury F4 keeps blowing - help!

mackerel

Reaction score
I have a Diatone GT-m3. I decided to upgrade the FC to a Fury F4 so I could have an altimeter. I have an FRSKY R-XSR ULTRA MINI and a TBS Unify Pro HV 7P. I connected the Fury to my TBS ESC and I got the familiar 3 beeps, followed by 2 beeps, and configured the Fury via Betaflight conf - so far so good. BUT, when I soldered the connections to the RX, VTX and camera the Fury no longer boots - no LEDs, no second beeps. I can still connect to the PC via USB and configure it, but it doesn't work in the drone itself. The frustrating thing is that this is the 3rd time this has happened - the first time I got PWR/GND connection from the ESC wrong and blew it up. The second time I had all the components connected and working on the bench - I could see video in my goggles and the motors responded to my Taranis, BUT when I assembled the boards, the Fury blew again. At the time I thought I must have shorted something when I assembled, but now I am not so sure, as this 3rd time it blew prior to assembly. I think I must in theory have the connections correct, because things were working pre-assembly the 2nd time so I am at a loss to explain this latest blowing. Does anyone have any ideas/hint/tips so that when I order my 4TH Fury, I don't just blow that - I cannot afford for this to keep happening and I haven't been in the air for ages now :(

I'm using a 3S - this was fine for the Fury F3 and from the sheet that ships with it, it can take 2S-6S!

I've just discovered that the carbon fiber that my drone is made of - I did not know that! I think it's highly likely I shorted something on it...!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larcas