Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

My drone is super slow in rolls unless I wiggle the sticks...???

Will.M

Reaction score
When I go to flip left or right my drone will be almost unresponsive unless I shake the stick it’s like it wakes up...???

I can't think of anything that would cause what you are describing. The first thing I would suggest is plugging up to BF, power the quad with props off, and see if you can detect it on the bench in the Receiver tab, and maybe see if you have any Deadband set also.

A few questions to help me better understand...

How long after you take off does this "fall asleep"?
How long after you wiggle the sticks does it take to fall back asleep?
Once you give it a wiggle then it rolls left or right with full authority?
Is this with defaults in BF, and what rev are you running?
What quad do you have?
What TX and RX are you using?

Reactions: Wayno52
I can't think of anything that would cause what you are describing. The first thing I would suggest is plugging up to BF, power the quad with props off, and see if you can detect it on the bench in the Receiver tab, and maybe see if you have any Deadband set also.

A few questions to help me better understand...

How long after you take off does this "fall asleep"?
How long after you wiggle the sticks does it take to fall back asleep?
Once you give it a wiggle then it rolls left or right with full authority?
Is this with defaults in BF, and what rev are you running?
What quad do you have?
What TX and RX are you using?

Thanks you for responding! I shall try BF and see what I can find out. It is random when it does it, it can be at the start when I take off but it also will go almost a whole battery and do it towards the end of the flight. It takes probably a minute to go back to the problem after “waking it up”. Yes once I wiggle the stick I then can roll with full authority. I am fairly new to the hobby so I wouldn’t be able to answer the 3rd to last question or the last. But the quad is a wizard 220s

If you have never connected it to your PC and looked at things with Betaflight Configurator, it is best to watch a video on it first as it can be one of the more difficult things to get working when you are new. Based on your response it sounds like you have a Flysky BNF model.

If you have never connected it to your PC and looked at things with Betaflight Configurator, it is best to watch a video on it first as it can be one of the more difficult things to get working when you are new. Based on your response it sounds like you have a Flysky BNF model.

Okay I shall do. Yes that sounds right.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
happypapaya