Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

My day in a nut shell.

Wayno52

Reaction score
Well I charged up this morning, finally got out late this afternoon and just had a bad session.
About half a dozen ground hits and at least that in branch hits.
Still a great day. A few bent props but better than a bent bird.

Last edited:
Reactions: VirtueViolater
If your not crashing, your not advancing.

Went out to burn 12 today, got through 7 and ended up 40 feet up in a tree... a holly tree... took me 45 minutes to get it down and ran out of time to burn the rest. By JJ's logic I was advancing today LOL ;)

People and dogs, they have their nerve LOL ;) Just glad your burning pack Wayne, and don't forget, the answer to most of our flying problems was we needed more throttle!!! :D

tennis ball, drilled through. 1/4lb buckshot (copper BBs would work... gotta be bigger than the hole+cable) nside the tennis ball. 100' of flexible shielded cable. tennis ball tosser from the pet store.

the weight in the ball is needed to get it to pull down so you get both ends of the cable.

i can get 40' high and there are bigger "tossers" available. the trick is to toss the ball over the branch and then coax the ball to slide down again giving you both ends of the cable.
15403479496924201770439648755969.jpg
patent pending... lmao

oh, that's a small U clamp with the cable looped through on the end.

Last edited:
That's sweet Futura, I may look into making something similar.
I will be doing FIFO work in the eastern states for the foreseeable future so not sure where and when I will be able to fly.
Going to be a 4 weeks on 4 days off roster.
I don't cope well being away from my family and I am not looking forward to it but there is no work in Perth and the money is great.
I will take my 3" to start with and see where I can fly.
It will be long working hours so I think most of my flying will be done on Sunday's.
I'm ordering more packs so I will have 12 for the 3" but have to get the boss to send them to me via road once I arrive as we can't send by air.
The days are starting to get longer now with summer here so possibly could fly on the odd occasion during the week if we get an early day.
Dang I'm getting too old for this FIFO ****.
But gotta pay the bills. ( come on lotto)

its a montra brother;
"im still having fun"
"im still having fun"
"im still having fun"

edit: no matter the sitiation, work stress, asshats we deal with, deadlines.... Go fly FPV and then ask if your still having fun. your screwed iif you say no...

great to hear that your taking the 3" on the trip Wayne. be sure to also get out and fly it.

Nothing beats my stress better than flying fpv.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wayno52

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax