Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Moving to Crossfire

Futuramille

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Im replacing all the Tx Rx gear with crossfire. Nate just paid and bought his first personal Quad.. (6" BNF Sköll), new X9D+ SE.. and six 6s batteries.
we went with the cheap end at 80$ +25$ Diamond Antenna for the TX module.
Ive never set one up.

Nates gonna be sending it into canyons, waterfall and cliff dives etc. Its in Montana so...

Any pointers?

Dang JJ, I know Randy runs crossfire gear but I have all 3" quads with xm+ or R-XSR.
No help here bro but I'm sure you and Nate will get it sorted.
Can't wait to see footage though.

Im sure my 3" will carry a nano rx and immortal T antenna but im unsure about the 2" cerb.. anyone put Crossfire on a micro quad?

since the crossfire is a module, can I bypass it and use the 2.4 antenna when I fly the 2"? Its sooooo awesome to fly and getting lots of batteries the last two weeks. I just need better for every quad and stop worrying about TX/RX signal.

no hit on my XM+ and R-XSR. Ive only lost signal once (Cerb 5" with RXSR) and I reset with the TX and recovered and saved it.. but the TX keeps telling me "telemetry lost" even though. Its disconcerting.

Reactions: Wayno52
JJ, I had what I can only assume was a failsafe yesterday on the new 80mm running xm+.
I was only about 20 metres away and just tried my second roll to be sure I needed to up the roll and pitch rates.
It was windy but it rolled and just kept rolling?
Couldn't recover the roll. I don't get rssi on it.
Also runcam split mini v2 fpv feed just froze. Take out sd card and it seems OK.
Always something lol.

• Sad
Reactions: Futuramille
exactly.. these toys are too costly and im close to a lake. blub blub would be a bad gopro vid. Im changing out.
I hope its better.
most of the crew Ive met recently fly and live by Crossfire gear. They sendit with wreckless abandon. soo.. my order is in Nates new gear is bought and coming.

I remain hopefull!

BTW.. the nanno crossfire will fit. just use the original antenna!
thats the word I got today. even a whoop can have crossfire. the Immortal T antenna is too big but I dont send the 2" that far really to care. I just want them all on the same.

Ill report back here as I find

we got the top line crossfire module fir Nate. It was so so so worth the extra 100$. setup (binding and such) was a cakewalk and the added features without needing to use LUA scripts was awesome. change power easily... up to 2W!!! and the find feature up to 4.5 days!! we went with the immortal T on the TX cause the diamond is too directional. We saw the difference in other pilots flights. No hit on the diamond antenna but its very directional so flying behind you or even off to the side alot wasn't optimal.
what we got works a charm.
Im sending my module back to get the full kit. 200$ for absolute confidence is golden.
15568506664182959514516568786670.jpg

I've just added tbs nano with full size immortal T to my 2" TH2 freestyle. Pic and Vid here

Attachments

• PXL_20200924_212255792.NIGHT.jpg
    PXL_20200924_212255792.NIGHT.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 2

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larcas