Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Moving on

I usually just practice on the woods/city race course and freestyle there also
Never even downloaded the other areas...lol

Well the DRL sandbox takes up less fps I'm guessing cus it doesn't have textures in that map. I just put the lowest resolution and it's not choppy anymore. Been doing the woods race and I still haven't finished without crashing. Lol but you are right VV, this sim is definitely making me feel more comfortable about my next flight. That won't be for a while though... rain doesn't let up here in Miami

Reactions: VirtueViolater
Well the DRL sandbox takes up less fps I'm guessing cus it doesn't have textures in that map. I just put the lowest resolution and it's not choppy anymore. Been doing the woods race and I still haven't finished without crashing. Lol but you are right VV, this sim is definitely making me feel more comfortable about my next flight. That won't be for a while though... rain doesn't let up here in Miami
That's exactly why you do it. keep it up, it's all motor memory

Reactions: WizardX220Guy
Man, I'm gone all day to run a ton of errands, and I miss all this great stuff on the forum! It will take me 2 days to get caught up with the grandkids here for the weekend. :)

I think when you are flying straight out in front of you only, a patch (uni-directional) might be ok, but the narrow transmission pattern is pretty limited even though it will reach a lot further than a mushroom or pagoda (omni-directional). You would really need to know that the course was elongated and completely in that narrow beam where your patch is facing, you get outside of it and you lose your video. I also know that the higher the gain on the antenna, the narrower that beam is. Obviously a diversity setup where the omni covers a wide area in front, sides and back, for a limited distance, compared to straight out in front of the uni for a much larger distance is the ideal way to go.

Reactions: Jtrjr
Hey Wayne, GB? Do you mean BG as in Banggood? If so yeah... Grrrrr

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wayno,

Yes, it works very well. Don't ask me why because I don't know, I just copied it from others much better than me. I haven't really tried anything else.

Jerry

Reactions: HighTechPauper
I'm pretty quiet here but still check in at least once a week. I get the weekly DRF most popular topic emailed. I see the progress you guys make and of course it's because of who's been here to spread the FPV gospel. Thanks to ALL here because I think we ALL learn from each other

Thanks Jerry I think I’ll get a few different types and play around. Definitely want to try the patch though.
You aim your patch antenna toward the farthest end of your flight area. If you are depending on it, you have to make sure your head is still and pointed there when you are in that area

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanykcz