Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Moving on to real life flights!

Fari

Reaction score
Told ya I'd be moving on to real life from sims and it's been done in the last days.

I was kinda searching for anyone who could understand the joy of the moment and also for an FPV name to tag on these vids.

Seems I did not had any killer problems I couldn't solve alone so far but I needed to show something anyways.

Comments and suggestions for the future are welcome.

I plan on sticking under 250grams limit for the time I learn with analogic stuff then gear up in complete digital good material somewhere in the future.

Thanks for having me; I'm gonne watch tons of vids in this thread now I guess.

Cheers.

Told ya I'd be moving on to real life from sims and it's been done in the last days.

I was kinda searching for anyone who could understand the joy of the moment and also for an FPV name to tag on these vids.

Seems I did not had any killer problems I couldn't solve alone so far but I needed to show something anyways.

Comments and suggestions for the future are welcome.

I plan on sticking under 250grams limit for the time I learn with analogic stuff then gear up in complete digital good material somewhere in the future.

Thanks for having me; I'm gonne watch tons of vids in this thread now I guess.

Cheers.
Keep going Fari.. Practice paves the way to success!

Good on ya, keep it up, you’ll be tapping Mr Steele on the shoulder one day ?
Thanks for watching until the end :p

I couldn't resist the name dropping, I won't abuse that, promise!

I want to underline the paradox (irony?) of being "alone" and "teaching myself" while I've obviously fed on the skills of others during the last months. I ended up in the trail of these guys and I feel I own them for that. I still feel proud for the extra "lonelyness" bonus of the achievement. I systematically failed to share the idea of the fun I could have with "acro" flying to normal people for awhile. Now that I'm training in the real world it becomes shareable, kinda, I guess.

• Love
Reactions: HighTechPauper
This is a small hobby and you can name drop all you want, I have met so many of the FPV heroes that helped me get started. I will never be a good pilot, but I can build, solder, troubleshoot and program with the best of them, so welcome to the addiction and happy flying!

This is a small hobby and you can name drop all you want, I have met so many of the FPV heroes that helped me get started. I will never be a good pilot, but I can build, solder, troubleshoot and program with the best of them, so welcome to the addiction and happy flying!
Ok you win! Did you ask Mr Steele why he hates DJI so much?

• Haha
Thanks for watching until the end :p

I couldn't resist the name dropping, I won't abuse that, promise!

I want to underline the paradox (irony?) of being "alone" and "teaching myself" while I've obviously fed on the skills of others during the last months. I ended up in the trail of these guys and I feel I own them for that. I still feel proud for the extra "lonelyness" bonus of the achievement. I systematically failed to share the idea of the fun I could have with "acro" flying to normal people for awhile. Now that I'm training in the real world it becomes shareable, kinda, I guess.
You’ll be surprised how many loner type quad pilots that are out there, myself included. I’m the only racing drone owner down my way and it’s been a journey of crashing, rebuilding and flying for the quite some time. It’s an individual hobby and that’s why I like it. I’ll never be as good a pilot as some on this forum but I’m a lot better than I was a couple of years ago and that’s just fine.

Does he? I think like with any tool, there are plusses and minuses, but each can have it's job it excels at.

Does he? I think like with any tool, there are plusses and minuses, but each can have it's job it excels at.

Thanks for the vid Randy, he probably expressed the current mood of fpv flying with bringing people into the hobby that have a bunch of preconceptions. There are some aspects of DJI that absolutely suck but they have a knack of drawing together technology and the crowd factor.
Anyways, the last time I heard Mr Steele talk about DJI, he was quite disparaging but has since probably realized its good for the fpv business and probably increased his own support base somewhat.

Congratulations dude, you are doing much better than me, but. I'll catch uo, takes a real man to show his crashes!
Thanks mate; I must be quite the man cuz I actually feel proud of getting high up again after a crash, Henry Rollins style ;p

But I must mention I've got some unmentionned assets : I've been flying with a Tello toy drone quite a lot in the last 3 months and I feel I've "unlocked" some important learnings about flying even before I herd about FPV.

I am also a trained juggler (no kidding, a big amount of time, even though I'm not a pro). I'll have to develop on that further elsewhere but I feel that It gives a big advantage because the muscular memory training is somewhat similar.

Aight'; I'm gettin a bit carried away now I know but I still feel somewhat like this FPV piloting discipline is where I belong; at last.

Where are you at in your training now ?

Thanks mate; I must be quite the man cuz I actually feel proud of getting high up again after a crash, Henry Rollins style ;p

But I must mention I've got some unmentionned assets : I've been flying with a Tello toy drone quite a lot in the last 3 months and I feel I've "unlocked" some important learnings about flying even before I herd about FPV.

I am also a trained juggler (no kidding, a big amount of time, even though I'm not a pro). I'll have to develop on that further elsewhere but I feel that It gives a big advantage because the muscular memory training is somewhat similar.

Aight'; I'm gettin a bit carried away now I know but I still feel somewhat like this FPV piloting discipline is where I belong; at last.

Where are you at in your training now ?
Keeping too busy at work haven't even done the SIM. Try to hit the US65 in the apartment as much as I can but still very very bad. Hey how about a video juggling 6 props LOL, I know silly. I haven't even been flying my camera drones, but I have to do some video for work this week, so at least I'll get up in the air for a while.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larcas