Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Motor Thrust Chart vs real life...

DrRatts

Reaction score
I was wondering what the actual amp draw is compared to what motor thrust charts say. I built a quad with dys wei 2207 2600kv motors. I am using GEPRC 5040 v2 3 blade props. According to the motor thrust chart, with 4s and the 5040x3 props, it is showing max 32.7A. My ESC's are rated 30A with 35A thrust. I would like to prop up to something heavier; however, the thrust chart is showing that 5045x3 props are putting out 44A. I have heard that the actual amperage is a lot lower than these thrust charts show. Would I be ok with a heavier prop such as a 5045x3? Or maybe even a 5050x3? Any education would be greatly appreciated!

I have run 5051’s on good quality 20 amp esc’s and never had a problem, amp ratings on esc’s is much like C ratings on batteries, it should be taken with a huge grain of salt.

my 5" cerberus beeps at me while flying and I over amp it in a punchout. I find it kinda cool to hear (off in the distance) but its never for very long so.. just fly it. 35A is plenty for most 5" quads!

my 5" cerberus beeps at me while flying and I over amp it in a punchout. I find it kinda cool to hear (off in the distance) but its never for very long so.. just fly it. 35A is plenty for most 5" quads!

Hey Futuramille, I think you will find that it is beeping on the punch because it is seeing low battery voltage during the punch out, that’s pretty standard if you ha e a beeper and the FC is capable of seeing vbat

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax