Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

motor noise?

dizzyinzo

Reaction score
I am new to flying fpv and i bought the full set up brand new from someone that changed their mind about getting into the hobby. the drone i got from him is the furibee darkmax 220 and i noticed the last couple times i get a vibration noise when i punch the throttle. the props have a couple nicks on them from sticks but no bend or major damage. what could am I missing.

I am new to flying fpv and i bought the full set up brand new from someone that changed their mind about getting into the hobby. the drone i got from him is the furibee darkmax 220 and i noticed the last couple times i get a vibration noise when i punch the throttle. the props have a couple nicks on them from sticks but no bend or major damage. what could am I missing.
Welcome to the hobby/addiction. Given that the motors spin up at very high speeds, a loose or damaged prop will cause issues for you. If you have Betaflight on your computer or access to it, you can go into the motor tab and check each of the motors spool up together ( take the props off first!). I’d replace the props first and check they’re oriented correctly and tight to eliminate the simple stuff.

Welcome to the hobby/addiction. Given that the motors spin up at very high speeds, a loose or damaged prop will cause issues for you. If you have Betaflight on your computer or access to it, you can go into the motor tab and check each of the motors spool up together ( take the props off first!). I’d replace the props first and check they’re oriented correctly and tight to eliminate the simple stuff.

ill try all of those one at a time and see if i can pin point the problem for future reference. another thing do you know how to take off and on those annoying little clips that hold the motor together?

ill try all of those one at a time and see if i can pin point the problem for future reference. another thing do you know how to take off and on those annoying little clips that hold the motor together?
I’m not familiar with your particular motor setup but are you able to remove the motor from the arm and use a small jewelers screwdriver and pop them off? I have read that the clips have failed on some units causing the whole show to fly off and bin the quad, you can buy replacement clips or maybe look at another style of 2205 motor if you’re inclined.

I’m not familiar with your particular motor setup but are you able to remove the motor from the arm and use a small jewelers screwdriver and pop them off? I have read that the clips have failed on some units causing the whole show to fly off and bin the quad, you can buy replacement clips or maybe look at another style of 2205 motor if you’re inclined.

it was just the props... tries to hide their shame. completely unrelated but the video coming into my goggles is basically black and white after a crash. does this mean the VTX is damaged?

it was just the props... tries to hide their shame. completely unrelated but the video coming into my goggles is basically black and white after a crash. does this mean the VTX is damaged?
Well at least you’ve got that sorted, as for the walk of shame, I have an Olympic gold medal in that area. Have you checked the wiring to the vtx? You may have dislodged a pin at either end of the loom. If it’s a clear black and white picture, have you also tried changing channels on either the vtx or goggles? I have fried them in the past by either having a huge stack or forgetting to fit the antenna properly or not at all.

Well at least you’ve got that sorted, as for the walk of shame, I have an Olympic gold medal in that area. Have you checked the wiring to the vtx? You may have dislodged a pin at either end of the loom. If it’s a clear black and white picture, have you also tried changing channels on either the vtx or goggles? I have fried them in the past by either having a huge stack or forgetting to fit the antenna properly or not at all.
its a clear image just no color. vtx is built into the AIO so there's no way to check the connections their just solder joints. I had the think fall out of the sky about 60ft up and land on concrete had the little brass connection on the antenna extension pop off so no video but still flies. i think it was a transmitter failsafe so i think i have poor reception

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blackphoenix