Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Motor data question

spiderpig

Reaction score
So I recently got these motors:
4X Racerstar Racing Edition 2205 BR2205 2300KV 2-4S Brushless Motor Dark Blue For 210 X220 250 280

I'm trying to do some match to figure out if they'll work with my batteries that are rated at 30C. My question is that it shows Max current amp at 27.6 and max thrust at 950 g. Is that for one motor or do they assume you'll be using 4?

So I have 2200 mah batteries with 30c so that should give me 66 amp total. If each motor is using 27.6 that equals 110.4 amps of draw...which my battery can't do. So do I need to move to 50c battery or is the motor data calculated per four motors?

Data is per motor. Your battery will work fine, but to achieve the numbers in the motor specs, you might ned a higher C battery.

So I should start looking at higher C rated batteries in the future. I'm building quite a collection at this point so want to start getting better batteries. One of my drones is currently going to transition to 4 cell, so I'm looking to get the best batteries for it. I have plenty of 3 cell batteries at 30c at this point, so will keep them for the non 4 cell rated quads and for getting used to a new quad.

Been working with 3 cell batteries right now. No puff yet. I have 30a ESC on them though so not sure if that's helping. The only time I really push the throttle is to recover after a loop of the quad gets too low.

My 180 quad is 4 cell capable. It's power distribution board can do 30a normal and 35a max to each motor. I have a 4 in 1 ESc rated at 30 normal 35 max. My motors are 2205. Currently transitioning to 4045 tri blades from a normal blade to see if it gives more lift.

So basically looking to get a 4 cell for it that will give me most power without frying anything.

I have a eachine racer 250 I'll keep the 3 cells for since I don't reaLly plan on upgrading it. My 210 build will have similar specs to my 180. So will eventually do 4 cell with it as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The higher c rating batterys sag less under load, that's why your quad sometimes beeps a low bat warning when you punch the throttle when using lower c ratings

Reactions: spiderpig
So been getting some 4 cell batteries. I got one 75c and two 70c, plus I have two others that are 50c from my old Arris 250 quad. Hoping this Sunday will be good weather so I can test it out on my 180 quad.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax