Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

mode setting

Status
Not open for further replies.

poopfaceheadman

Reaction score
i have my motors to not turn on when armed but i dont want them to cut off when i drop throttle

how do i set up in beta flight so on a switch i can set my motors to not cut out at 0 throttle. is that what air mode is?

Reactions: Wayno52
Air mode may help, but it is really for having more motor authority at low throttle levels, you will need to test it to see that it works as advertised for you. You may also need to research and add an "Idle Up" switch in the TX. There are a lot of good vids on these subjects out there.

Personally I am too afraid of that setup, there are so many stories of people getting cut because the throttle got bumped and they didn't know it was armed.
I want my props spinning anytime it is armed, and I want a double safe arming switch.

You may also need to research and add an "Idle Up" switch in the TX. There are a lot of good vids on these subjects out there.

i have set up air mode on a switch with a 3.5% idle i also want to have my idle up switch around 5 i can not find any video on how to set this up on my flysky i6s. any help?

Every TX as far as I know has a place to adjust the curve for all the inputs/outputs, it may not be identical but the concept is the same. Did you even find the throttle output curve area in the radio?

ya i found the throttle curve and i can change it but that is a main setting on the radio and i cant figure out how to make it be on a switch so i can have 2 throttle curves

i figured out kinda how to do it on my radio but im pretty sure its not exactly gonna work like i want it to. i set up mix on ch5(swa) and ch3 to posative 25%. it ramps up my motors from 0 throttle to above 3.5% which is wat i have my idle set at on beta flight. but when im at higher throttle and flip the switch it also bumps up 25%. is there a way to only make it 25% above 0 throttle not whatever throttle position it is at when i flip the switch

Not really, changing the throttle curve is going to do just that. I am not exactly sure what the issue is, the way I see it...
Quad is on the ground, arm and no motors spin, flip SWA and motors spin, take off and fly.
Perhaps 25% is too much for that scenario, and BTW 3.5% digital idle on DShot is a little low, you may run into stutter or desync issues when you goose it from idle and it will leave you with less authority in Air Mode too so just watch out for that.
That is just another reason in my book to spin props on arming, any armed quad that doesn't spin is an accident waiting to happen in my book.
And I will not configure any quad with a single switch arm unless it is set for double toggle.

wasnt lookong for a lecture on why you think your setup is better than mine. but thanks?

Wasn't a lecture, but if you took it that way, then I apologize. Perhaps someone else can help you from now on, good luck.
Was no lecture, HTP was doing what most do here and that is being helpful, and talk ative about this hobby we all love so much. Perhaps this hobby isn't for you if a small problem agrivates you to the point of insulting one of the best, most helpful members here

Sorry guys if your post was deleted in cleaning up some post in this from the OP but we are not going to act as such and as of this moment this thread is not needed .

Unknown-1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax