Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Mobula7 EU-LBT TaranisQ X7 Binding Problem!

I don't know if it flys but I am almost sure that now is well bind, because as @opts said after removing the battery and connecting again it did bind automatically!

So now it's connected it will stay that way unless you bind a different Radio Transmitter to it.
Cool!

now you need to set up controls and stuff on Betaflight and the Taranis next!

I have some questions.
When I created the new mode it asked me to config the yaw etc... as I was in hurry to check if it binds I did next to everything without caring to much. what should I do? are they important?

No worries! I was in pretty much the same situation myself not long ago, so I know how it feels getting these exciting new toys that are practically useless without some help. @HighTechPauper is the reason my Mobula7 flies (so thanks again to him), but i'm glad to have been able to help you with having had the exact issue with mine.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: HighTechPauper
Which tutorial do you recommend me for setting up the radio control and the betaflight of the drone?
check Josua Bardwell CurryKitten and Albert Kim on Youtube, I also found MirkoFPV's tutorials to be very clear, despite them being in Italian.

but let me know if you need any more help

check Josua Bardwell CurryKitten and Albert Kim on Youtube, I also found MirkoFPV's tutorials to be very clear, despite them being in Italian.

but let me know if you need any more help
I already follow Josua Bardwell and yeas I totally agree with you about MirkFPV !

What do you think about this tutorial?

By the way from now on I should always buy anything with the receiver FCC version right?

There is a learning curve with this stuff, it is part of the appeal to most of us, I never create a new model after the very first one, I copy it and then make whatever changes need to be made, many people run all of their quads on just one model and never create a second one. Many people have only a few models, like one fro Frsky, and another for Crossfire if they have that, and then run all quads on that one model whichever is appropriate for the control link in that quad.

I already follow Josua Bardwell and yeas I totally agree with you about MirkFPV !

What do you think about this tutorial?

By the way from now on I should always buy anything with the receiver FCC version right?
the tutorial's okay, but doesn't apply completely to your Mobula7, as his has the built in SPI receiver and yours (and mine) have an XM+ receiver.

Essentially, you need to set up a model on the Taranis (you've already done this), then;

press the -menu- button (3 horizontal lines),
choose your model (push in the selection dial)
then set up some channels on:
"INPUTS" [page 4/12]
and
"MIXES" [page 5/12]

Mobula7 is set up as TAER
CH1:Thr CH2:Ail CH3:Ele CH4:Rud CH5:Arm CH6:Mode (you can add the other switches later)

the above is just for your reference, so do check out some tutorials.

Then Betaflight is a whole other topic, but you're basically making sure that the Mobula is connected to the Taranis, (and your Mac via USB) and telling the Mob7 what each Switch/Gimbal does (represented by the CHannels that you just set up on the radio).

also, the Taranis (and many radios) use RC Plane teminology, rather than Quadcopter terms so;

Throttle = Throttle left stick up/down /y axis
Aileron = Roll right stick left/right /x-axis
Elevator = Pitch right stick up/down /y-axis
Rudder = Yaw left stick left/right /x-axis

Betaflight uses Quadcopter, and Taranis uses RC Plane nomenclature - just to confuse things!

This Video explains the Channels simply. The example in the video has 4 Channels of control, Your Taranis has 16 Channels - but just start with:
CH1:Thr CH2:Ail CH3:Ele CH4:Rud CH5:Arm CH6:Mode

It may seem basic, but I think when you understand what you're trying to achieve it makes things make more sense in the long run.

and yes, you're in the FCC club now/

Last edited:
it may seem weird, and I'm not suggesting this be the only video you follow, but it was helpful just to see someone set up the radio and betaflight in a quick and straightforward manner - even if i barely understand a word he's saying, it's the same setup as you have (except the receiver, but you bound yours already):

Last edited:
@opts did you had any problem with the arming mode?

I am following this tutorial but I am a little bite worry to do more damage than good.

Screen Shot 2020-10-29 at 9.55.19 PM.png

@opts did you had any problem with the arming mode?

I am following this tutorial but I am a little bite worry to do more damage than good.

View attachment 4694
What kind of problem are you having?
Usually if "ARM" is in red like the picture it means you have everything working fine, you just have the arm switch flipped on your Taranis - unplug The Mob7 from USB, plug in a battery and you should be ready to fly!

if that's not working, go the the receiver tab in betafight (it looks like this:1604008328998.png)
With the Mob7 Plugged in via USB (no Battery) and the Taranis on and bound, start flipping switches and moving the sticks around and you should see the coloured bars on the screen move around.

Last edited:
@opts the Taranis its bind because it does everything it has to do in Receiver section and also in the Modes section it detects all the switch etc...

@HighTechPauper when I first unplug the Drone it wasn't arming. I did follow this tutorial and I checked the (Motor Test Mode) after saving and unplugging it now does arm, and the throttle works but after a couple of seconds the motors turns off.

BETAFLIGHT WON'T ARM | CLI MSP arming status flags

So decided to I plug the drone back to betaflight and check the settings, unfortunately when I plug the drone it starts beeping endlessly. As it was late I couldn't keep working on it because the beeping was too noisy.

Today I will try to work on it again.

@opts the Taranis its bind because it does everything it has to do in Receiver section and also in the Modes section it detects all the switch etc...

@HighTechPauper when I first unplug the Drone it wasn't arming. I did follow this tutorial and I checked the (Motor Test Mode) after saving and unplugging it now does arm, and the throttle works but after a couple of seconds the motors turns off.

BETAFLIGHT WON'T ARM | CLI MSP arming status flags

So decided to I plug the drone back to betaflight and check the settings, unfortunately when I plug the drone it starts beeping endlessly. As it was late I couldn't keep working on it because the beeping was too noisy.

Today I will try to work on it again.
yes the buzzer is very loud! You can disable it in the Configuration tab.
When you turn on the Taranis make sure all of the switches are in the pushed-away-from-you-position, and the throttle is in the bottom/no-throttle position before you arm the quad, (wait for the mob7 LEDs to go dim) or it will bleep like crazy.

Last edited:
Hi @opts & @HighTechPauper
I have made a video of the problem I have. Should I create a new post?
In this video I gently moved the throttle up and this how the drone reacts.

View attachment 4706
hmm.. i never had that issue - maybe try to calibrate the gyro in betafight? are you using 2x of the included 250mAh batteries? also do you have fpv goggles so you can see the OSD?
and you set Failsafes on the Taranis and betaflight?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax